Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2368 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
If your from the surrounding area drop a line, tell us whats going on at your track.
There's 1 new track in Tuscaloosa, Ala., 1 older track in Jackson,Ms. Sometimes there's track around people just don't know about.
So let people know.

Have car, will travel.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If people went by ROAR rules if only for guidelines, would know what the classes are.LRL

Rufus,
Thats the downside to having a truggy. People don't mind if you run with them, but just as soon as they figure you have an unfair advantage they will start to squeal. You'll just have to run second or third until the last lap.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Everyone always says "what does roar do for me" Easy, they help keep racing fair and also provide that dooms days insurance. Just in case someone does get hurt by your rc car.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hey jones,
You going to Ed's place on the 13th for the "Gobbler Classic".
I really wanted to go T-town for their first off-road race, but will have to wait till after this race.

Maybe I can talk jjdu4 into going and taking the crown.lol
Or maybe I'll take the Tamiya.lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jones,
Also found out Saturday night that Redstick is moving to a 5:00pm starting time. Being the way they usually run the races there, usually takes about 4 hours, should be home by midnight or 1:00am with no stops on the way home.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Just wanted to drop a note to the gas guys that read this board that Small Cars Unlimited has re-worked the nitro track and added ALOT more track to it. Lap times were in the 49-53 second range to the leader. Only made 6 laps in the 5 minute race! (1/8 scale buggie!) Just thought i would give you guys a "heads-up" before the 13th race..... things have changed!

BTW- someone on SCU board made a post saying they were going to post a pic but havn't seen one posted yet.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
electric track

Rainey,
Has the electric track changed any. What time are the races and sign-up suppose to open and close. I understand Terry V. is back helping with things.

Nearly a minute to make a lap, thats big.
Does it cross the road or through the bowling alley.lol

Tommy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts

havn't heard anything about a time change yet but for the ""bigger" races the sign-up is usually ends at 10:00 am. races at 11:00 but if I hear anything otherwise i'll post it. I havn't made it out to the track in a couple of weeks... other things going on, but i dont think the electric track has changed any. And as for Terry.... dont know. Wouldnt hurt if he is though :cool:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm going to try to go to the classic. More than likely yes.

Ya that stinks about redstick. that would put me getting home around 4:30-5:00 sunday am.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
After the classic it looks like my racing is done! Can't go to t-town can't go to br and it's about to start getting cold for meridian and they are going to stop for the year. Looks my racing days are numbered for the year.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Classic info

Small Cars unlimited Annual Gobbler Classic

Nov 13, 2004

Registration closes at 9:00 am
Races begin at 10:00 am

race fee = $10.00 for first class, $7.50 for each additional class

ROAR membership required... single day membership available

classes:

paved:

6 cell stock oval
1/12 scale stock
stock touring sedan

dirt:

Stock buggy
Stock truck
Nitro truck
1/8 buggy
Monster Truck
Spec sprint cars

(Note: some offroad classes may be combined based on entries)

if you need more info... www.smallcarsunlimited.com or 601-372-3278

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Rainey said:
ROAR membership required... single day membership available
Where did that come from.
The last I heard Ed had no comment on ROAR. Now it's required.
I had rather spend the $30 on that shiny go fast part that makes me two tenths faster.

Tommy

·
Registered
514 Posts

that has been for every event that Ed has held at SCU. It was in place for the off-road this a while back.... he just never checks to see if everyone has a membership. I included that because it was printed on the flyer. I have seen people race out there for months with no membership and no one asked.I guess he would like it so everyone would have some kind of insurance coverage. Not trying to start any battles about what anyone should or should not do. I know you are not very happy with th ROAR thing altogether.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally, I don't see how they (roar) gets anything accomplished. Every member of the executive committee live in different parts of the US of A. Like when would they all be at the same table to decide anything on the scales that they do. I got more response from them when they heard I quit, than when I would ask about legal things. There was only one person that would talk to me anytime I wanted. And to this day will drop me a line just staying in touch.
I would'nt say I'm totally against it, but I can put that money somewhere else. Almost the price of a battery pack, or a gallon of fuel, or something like that. I know people that would stay at home and say the heck with it if they had to join.
As long as I've done this, I've never heard of a claim. Also if its only racers turn marshalling, they can't have a claim against ROAR or Ed.
Not saying what they could get there own insurance company to do, if something should happen.
Basically, its only protects someone from the people thats not racing. That's why places need walls where gas is run.
I could set around and talk about the pro's and con's of it for a while, but it gets boring.

Tommy

·
Registered
514 Posts

Dont get me wrong.... i see you're point clearly. I know you had strong feeling sonce you were a rep for a while. I'm not real sure if it's a "gotta do" thing for the insurance or just to be "legal" and in "good graces" with the powers to be at ROAR. Me personally.... I dont care... with a card or not I just want to race, have fun and enjoy myself. I have made some good friends by doing this and have had some great times. Not much is more fun that trying to run a race and have Terry, Wilson, Bates, Gatewood, Ect,ect up on the stand talking smack and making comments to the point where you are laughing soo hard you're eyes water and you can't see you're car! I say come and race... and if the "card" issue comes up just say.. "I have it but left it at home and I dont know my number"...... :D

1 - 20 of 2368 Posts