Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems like the enthusiasm that the general public had for Star Wars might not be as intense by the time the models finally get to market? Why is it taking so long, I would think that the Falcon should have been sitting on the shelf at Toysrus the day the DVD's came out.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
You would think with the release date of the DVDs announced early this year,that they would already have them out by now. Kenner had toys out at the same time as the DVDs.
Another missed opportunity.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
eBay is your friend ;)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,342 Posts
Good lord, they only just decided to rerelease the old kits, they still have to manufacture them! How fast do you think a business can get things done!? :freak:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
John P said:
Good lord, they only just decided to rerelease the old kits, they still have to manufacture them! How fast do you think a business can get things done!? :freak:
Everyone knows how popular SW the original trilogy is. If RC/Ertl could not
forsee it, then it is their loss. Kenner is on top of this, their gain.
Anniversaries and DVD releases of Star Wars,Star Trek are the perfect time to put out rereleases of toy and models.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,342 Posts
Actually, I just don't think RC2 is that smart.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RC2 just acquired Polar Lights; priorities are bound to get reshuffled. Plus, they're probably still digging out some of the old molds and test models--if they still exist--and doing some retooling and getting a line ready to produce these models, etc. When you get down to it, between the two franchises, Star Trek has dominated the model industry, almost by being around a lot longer, but also because Trek kits just plain rock.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i'm hoping . also i understand AMT had aquired the MPC tooling so maybe there's a chance we'll see some pirate kits . i think there's a sequel in the works for PotC . of course this is all just mere speculation on my part .
hb

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love that they are bringing back Star Wars models, but I'm kinda scratching my head as to the subjects that are being released. As someone else stated, STAP and Tank kits are still available and the AT-AT kit is the small wind-up one. How about re-releasing that cool 1/4 scale Vader bust or 3PO and R2 kits.

Whiter

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Lloyd (or anybody) Could I see a Pic of that Death Star? AND Does anybody know if the Kit of the TWO TIE FIGHTERS on the Death Star Base is gonna be Rereleased? I REALLY gotta find that one!!!And Finally How bout Rereleasing 3po and R2 or the Vinyl Vader?

John/Lonfan

·
Oxidation Genius
31,342 Posts
JonLon, Anthony has plenty of those TIE fighter kits at Hiway Hobby. For a while he was selling them for 5 bucks! But he had to pay normal price for his current supply. Run on up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts