Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(I am trying to get my Blueprinter Drag-u-la built but I have lost the instructions. Does anyone have such a sheet they could scan and e-mail to me? It would be a big help and greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I have the kit but it's stored at a friends place and I'll have to dig it out. I'll be going over there Saturday week, so if you haven't had any luck by then, please let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Wow!! Nostalgia hit!!:woohoo: One of my strongest memories is going to the local chemists when I was young and buying the Graveyard Ghoul Duo.I think I was around 10 at the time. It cost $4.25 and I saved up for nearly 2 months to afford it. The guy there knew me (I was in there at least twice a week looking at the kits) so he'd hold kits for me. When I turned 12 he let me lay-by kits. I remember he regularly gave me the kit before the last payment was made.... those were the days when shops respected good customers- even the kids.....
Thanks for posting the link Drag monster. It's the first time I've seen pics of the whole box and instructions since way back then. I even got that little adrenaline hit.....

Chris.:):):)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man that was fast!! Thanks for the offer Auroranut and thanks for the link Drag Monster. Now I can get this thing going. Thanks!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The surf board! I've been telling a friend for years that the Overtaker had an optional motorized surf board and he thought I was nuts. I remembered that plain as day and he insisted I must have been thinking of another kit. Proof at last! Thanks for posting this! Did the original Munster's release version also have that included in the kit?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Yep! It was called the "Surf Slab". The Blueprinter issue came with it too. I reckon it'll be in the new issue as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The blueprinter version is the one I am working with and it does have the surf board. It must have been there along. I hate they had the get rid the Dragula decals in the later kits. I am going to try and hand paint the stuff. The Barris tv & movie cars book has a few good pics if anybody else is doing one. It even has a pic of the body work off the chassis.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I've got full colour detailed pics of the Dragula sans body somewhere around here. I've been modifying mine to make all the panels liftable or removable. A good engine can be found in the Revell "Buttera" streetrods. That gives a well detailes basis to start work with. There's a shot of part of the stripped chassis in "Munster Go Home".
I believe there are pics out there of the car stripped to components but they've eluded me so far. If anyone knows their whereabouts.....
There's also some good shots of it hanging up in Planet Hollywood. It's partly stripped so there's nice shots with some of the parts out of the way....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its not the original, but one built for a '90s tv movie is/was in the Barris car museum in Gatlinburg Tenn. It is not indentical, but would be a good reference.

I am just doing this one OOB, but I may do a detailed version when the new kit hits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts