Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have misplaced the A-deck air kock for my Big E. Does anyone either have a spare or can make one for me? My modeling skills don't prefabrication. For such a small piece it sure can leave a big noticable hole. :(

Attached is a pic of the missing part.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
It should be fairl easy to scratvh build that piece.
Take a piece of scrap plastic, drill a hole in the center add the correct back piece with and trim to fit the bridge module and finaly add some strip plastic the right size. And don't forget the detailing on the plastic backing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I may be able to supply you with that part. I had cannibalized another PL-E kit so there is a good chance I may have that docking port piece for behind the bridge. I'll let you know later today.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Or a possible option is a combination of scratchbuilding and using Photo Etched sets. Millenia Models International sells a PE set that contains all five of the docking ports and it's available thru Federation Models. Click on "Products", select "Millenia Models International" and then scroll down about halfway, looking for:

1:350 Exterior Detail Set

Doing this, you could scratchbuild the backing piece for the bridge area and use the docking port from there to have accurate doors. :)
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PefesserCoffee thanks for the part, it came in yesterdays mail. It's nice to know that there so many out there on this board who are willing to help.

Thanks for the offer fokkerpilot but PerfesserCoffee beat you to it. If I lost one of the small parts I'm sure that someone else has or will do the same thing. Someone else might need it.

So please be nice to the kit bashers they can be a big help to us all.

·
Registered
877 Posts
No problem, I hadn't checked the Board since last Tuesday. Glad the Perfesser could help ya out. If you need anything else from that kit, just PM me. I have a fair amount of leftovers from the cannibalized kit. (Sorry, Turbo-lifts stay)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts