Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen the new JL 10 packs yet other than in pictures on the Internet. However, none appear to have any Black with Flames cars. It is obvious the BWF cars are popular, so it would have been nice if JL had made a car in each 10 pack a BWF car. While some of the cars look great, I think JL missed out on an opportunity to make the 10 packs a little harder to pass up.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but I think the 10 packs out cater to three of the most popular items collected, Muscle Cars, Mopars, and VWs. A BWF paint job sure would have added to the mix, but on their own, they will still sell well. Another thought, if you did only one car BWF, how would you decide which one to do? Could be a tough choice.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
if you did only one car BWF, how would you decide which one to do? Could be a tough choice.
Do whatever casting hasn't been done as a BWF yet. In the VW pack, the Beetle, Samba and K-G were all done as BwF. That would mean the Type 2 pickup, the New Beetle and the Transporter would all qualify. Perhaps these are being saved for future BwF series. The New Beetle is the one that hangs, generally, so perhaps a BwF treatment would help shift units off the shelves.

In truth, because these are sold cheaper per car than the single-blister items, the pad-prints are at a minimum on these. BwF cars have enough other colors on them that the per-piece price jumps, making them less economically feasible. Solid colors, with a couple of exceptions (green Bug with yellow stripe, Belvedere with number), are the order of the day then.

jk

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
A BWF set would have been a great seller, but TRU isn't known to be the smartest toy marketer. Each store got a box with six sets in it. That's all! Six set of 10-packs, that for the most part sold immediately.

Let's face it. If the set consisted of constant peg warmers, then TRU would've had hundreds for each store, so they're floor space would be full. But market something the consumer wants . . . . that's not exactly TRUs trademark.

Nothing was missed. The "White Lightning" in every three sets is not a true white lightning, for they were produced greater than the 1% WL desirability number. I'll pass on the "White Lightning" in the 10-pack and just get the non-WL set that can be opened and played.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts