Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Nice shuttle Jeff. And yeah, it does look sorta Nostromo or rather "Leviathan" shaped from the "Book of Alien" pre- production art. Which is cool! :thumbsup: (oh and yes, we model and texture in LW. Use Photoshop for maps)

As for who Dave is and his model, I know nothing about. Koji wholly built the Defiant we used. Nacelles Lighting and certain textures tweeks by me. It was done at EdenFX with reference help from Doug Drexler from the Art Dept and by extension whomever gave him reference. That's it.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
nx01Rob said:
Nice shuttle Jeff. And yeah, it does look sorta Nostromo or rather "Leviathan" shaped from the "Book of Alien" pre- production art. Which is cool! :thumbsup: (oh and yes, we model and texture in LW. Use Photoshop for maps)

As for who Dave is and his model, I know nothing about. Koji wholly built the Defiant we used. Nacelles Lighting and certain textures tweeks by me. It was done at EdenFX with reference help from Doug Drexler from the Art Dept and by extension whomever gave him reference. That's it.
Any chance you'll be posting some high-res orthographic and other views on FourMadMen's site?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Rob, those are some excellent renders! They will come in most handy for many of us! While at WonderFest, I picked up a 1/1000 shuttlebay. Once I pick up a chase circuit from Cult, I plan on decking out a PL kit as the Defiant! Thanks again for the wonderful referneces!

Anyone got $45 I can borrow??

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
????

Rob, as for who "Dave" is, its me. On post 9 of this very thread I posted the following, intended as a compliment to your fine CGI work:

Thanks a bunch Rob!!

By the way, I'm almost finished my PL 1/1000 Defiant, inspired by your CGI work on the mirror universe episode. Pics here for anyone interested:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=112860

Huzz

And Prince of Styrene, yes the Polar Lights model, which is the one I am building guys, does look damn nice decked out as the Defiant!

Huzz
Dave
David
Davey
Dave Hussey
or whatever!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Well oops and sorry. :( But Chuck was saying a "Dave" person had there Defiant already seen on the show so I got confused as this was not possible. I didn't make the connection that it was you they were talking about. Maybe I missread the post. DOH!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yep, I missed the shift in subject from complimenting NX-01's work to talking about Dave's...

BATBOB said:
Wow. Nice pictures Rob.

Dave, can't wait to see your Defiant when she's done.....Bob

Was busy and at work at the time I was skimming the forum.

I was asking NX-01 Rob about the high res orthographics, if I wasn't clear.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
Rob and Chuck - No sweat guys.

But ya could make it up to me by digging up another one of those lovely Defiant CGI images for all of us here! :)

Huzz
You'll have to ask Rob about that. I've begged as much as I can Dave.

I'm sure he's probably really really busy right now as he hasn't been even lurking much lately. Hope we haven't scared him away...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry if this was answered before, but I never saw it (speculation, yes, answers, no). Was the Defiant model re-used as the Enterprise in "These Are the Voyages"?

(And more pics, PLEASE.)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.