Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first thought was "Nobody at Minicraft is that clever!". You see when it comes to thinking up words to describe Minicraft "clever" is the one that NEVER springs to mind.

To back up a bit, I was looking at lists of upcoming kits when I came across the box art for their new C-47. My mouth gaped. I said to myself "It can't be". There was said C-47 flying over an iconic image from a famous arctic-set science fiction movie (no, not "The Deadly Mantis").

It appears that somebody at Minicraft isn't just clever, but observant as well. From what I can see the paint scheme is spot on (which is more than I can say for the plane in the colorized version of said film).

Normally, I would not have looked twice at this kit, but now, I have to have one! Also, it would be nice to have these markings in 72nd and 48th scale as well (hint, hint).

Gordon

·
Registered
861 Posts
It's funny, as soon as I saw your header, I thought that it would be great to do a C-47 from the original "The Thing". Somebody at Minicraft was thinkin' outside the box.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Indeed, that's really cool, in a sly, subtle way! Good for them!

Pardon me while I boggle at a $29.99 MSRP for a 1/144 scale aircraft kit. I know I'm out of touch but brother! :)

(I know, I know, it's just the way things are now.)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Too cool! The other night I was staring at my movies and couldn't decide on anything... so I grabbed good old B&W classic The Thing From Another World.

Such a great movie. It's just perfect... snappy dialog, with overlap, foreground and background. The movie moves without a wasted scene or line, and nothing comes across as corny. I just love it.

For contrast, I sat back to watch Star Trek:TMP on blu-ray finally. I've been sort of saving it 'til I got my AV system dialed-in.

I fell asleep like four times through the course of the film...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts