Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year everyone!!

The club meeting is Sunday Jan 10th, 2010

We will be renewing memberships at the Jan 2010 meeting and also adding new members. Renewals are still $20.00 and new memberships are still going to be $25.00. This fee includes entrance to the club each month of the year and also a table on a first come, first served basis. We have lots of things in store this year for members and becoming a member is easy. If you have doubts, talk to one of us and we'll help you decide if becoming a member is best for you!!

Last months annual Christmas party was a huge success. There was lots of food and we also had gifts for many of our members and of course the kids! Those gifts are due to the contributions of all the people who toss in their extras to the Christmas box. A very big THANK YOU to all who were able to help out!!

As usual, we'll have something for every type of collector including redlines, treasure hunts, limited editions, new car releases, hard to finds, and much, much more! We also offer organized racing for the kids, both big kids and small ones! It's really been great these last several years!! We have prizes for the winners of each organized race including a trophy each and every month! We are also using a point system to determine an annual winner! Free cars, stickers, and toys to the younger kids. We also have great conversation and talk about all the latest and greatest! This is a family event so bring the gang! There is no smoking inside the hall! The language is and will be rated "G" since we have many small children attending every month! Got questions?? Send me an email!

For those of you who have never attended one of our meetings, I promise, you'll have a great time. I also know that you'll be back and bring other friends!! In addition, we don't allow any scalping of new cars if that's your interest. Our members and anyone selling is limited to $2.00 or less per car for anything new and common. If it's rare, such as treasure hunts, errors, etc, they can do what they want, but in many cases, even those prices are not off the planet. There are folks selling treasure hunts for less then $5 and not just common ones either. We're here to have fun and enjoy this hobby as a collective unit. You'll witness and enjoy that friendship each and every month.

Kids and non-collecting spouses or significant others are always free!! Club members can arrive at 8:00 AM or so to set up. However, please be aware that if you are NOT an annual club member, you will not be allowed in until 9:00 AM. This is to ensure that all club members get in, get a table if they want one, and also have first dibs on anything new that is for sale. MEMBERSHIP DOES HAVE IT'S PRIVILEGES!! The entry fee is $3.00 or $8.00 for NON-CLUB MEMBERS ONLY. Annual club members are in without having to pay any additional fee. The $3 fee is for folks who want to just get in and $5.00 EXTRA is for those who want a table. Tables are first come, first served, but club members are given priority! Again, we'll offer free admission to non-collecting spouses and of course the kids are always admitted for free.

If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, please email me or call me @ 414.788.8736. Gerald, Terry, Edwina, and myself pretty much run the club, but we do it as a joint effort with help from several other people. We welcome suggestions and advice to help improve our club. This club is for you, the collectors, the face fans, and anyone who wishes to join in on our fun!

AMF Bowling Center
7505 West Oklahoma
Milwaukee, WI

Directions are as follows:

From the south and east >> You take 94 towards Milwaukee and exit onto I-894 west and follow that out to the 76th Street exit. Get off there and go right for about 2 miles or so and, walla, you'll see the bowling alley on your right straight across from McDonalds!! It's set back off the road about 100 yards or so!

From the southwest >> heading up on 43, take 894 north and exit at Beloit Road and take a right. Follow that to Oklahoma Ave and take another right to just past 76th Street and the bowling alley is on the right.

From the north and west >> You take 94 or 45 towards Milwaukee and get onto to I-894 south and follow that to the Oklahoma Ave exit! If coming south on I-43 take that to 94 west to 894 south and go to Oklahoma Ave. Get off at Oklahoma Ave and go left to 76th street and it's on the corner, set back about 100 yards!

See you there!

Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts