Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story so far...
My son has joined the Marines. I am building a slot car 50 Chevy pick up that I am doing up in Marines dress type colors. (Dark blue bottom with light tan from the upper part of the body & roof with a red line separating the two colors) The idea came to me from seeing the Marines dress uniform... But back to my question. I am looking for decals that I can use on the truck for his platoon and company number.
Are there generic decal sets available to do this or do I need to print my own?
I will need the Marines seal also for on the bed cover...
Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
As the Marine emblem is not a standard insignia on vehicles that will be hard. You may find an appropriate sticker or just print one out yourself. Same with lettering at least for commercially available military decals. Most of the armor decals available will be 1/35 scale so letters will be perhaps 3/32" high. Modern vehicles also do not carry much in the way of lettering. A problem will be if you want white letters to go on the blue areas of the truck, since you can't print white or white letters; only dark colors.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply...

I did some more digging with Google...

Seems I used the wrong search criteria for the lettering.

Anyway, I came up with a place called Bedlam Creations and while they do not have the Marine symbol they have a lot of other cool stuff....
Including the lettering....

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
If you are able to do your own, search some of the public Marine sites. You may be able able to download some JPG images to turn into decals. I've done it for many sponsors of racing I needed for my slotcar bodies and racetrack billboards. Thanks for your son's service as well. I too have three serving, two JARHEADS and one in the AIR FORCE. They have been to the sand too many times already. SALUTE! :thumbsup::thumbsup: rr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts