Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our opening weekend will be:

Sat. Oct 6 Practice Track Open at noon open to all classes
Sun. Oct 7 Racing Track Open at 8am Racing at noon.

Classes WRCRC- Legends, Vintage, Nastruck, F-1, 1/10 Sprints
We will run other classes, need three cars to make class

I will post the full schedule later

Thanks Dave J

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the race dates:

Sun. Oct. 7
Sun. Oct. 21

Sun. Nov. 4
Sun. Nov. 11
Sat. Nov. 24

Sun. Dec. 2
Sun. Dec.23

Sun. Jan. 13
Sun. Jan. 27

Sun. Feb. 10
Sun. Feb. 24

Sun. Mar. 3
Sun. Mar. 17
Sat. Mar. 30

Track Open at 8am Racing at Noon

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the Practice dates:

Sat. Oct. 6
Sat. Oct. 20

Sat. Nov. 3
Sat. Nov. 10
Fri. Nov. 23

Sat. Jan. 12
Sat. Jan. 26

Sat. Feb. 9
Sat. Feb.23

Sat. Mar. 2
Sat. Mar. 16

Track will open at noon---

·
Registered
142 Posts
Heads up, there will be tech in truck class. And Russ is teching in the classes he is involved in. Rules for trucks are on here and Dave should have on Triclone site.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Why 41 oz. every other place and tour and BRL use 36 oz. cars havent weighed that much since the old 6 cell days years ago. Plus todays cars are not designed to weigh that much. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Heads up, there will be tech in truck class. And Russ is teching in the classes he is involved in. Rules for trucks are on here and Dave should have on Triclone site.:thumbsup:

FYI -- Just a note on the truck class motor rule.

Regarding "Any 17.5 brushless allowed except short stack motors" --

Specifically, this means that the following are NOT legal:

* EPIC/Trinity D3.5
* Novak "High RPM"

We are trying to keep this class inexpensive and basically run the same stuff that we ran last winter and this past summer. We have had a very close field and some great racing -- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Examples of legal motors (which are exactly what everyone has been running in this class) are:

* Novak SS
* Novak Ballistic (NO "high rpm" stators)
* Thunder Power
* Revtech

"People LOVE the truck !!" :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Examples of legal motors (which are exactly what everyone has been running in this class) are:

* Novak SS
* Novak Ballistic (NO "high rpm" stators)
* Thunder Power
* Revtech
Just asking a question not looking to start anything....

Isn't the TP motor in the short stack category? This why the other company's came out with the shorter stack to match TP from what I understand.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Just asking a question not looking to start anything....

Isn't the TP motor in the short stack category? This why the other company's came out with the shorter stack to match TP from what I understand.
Yes technically that is correct. But we are allowing the TP motor for 2 reasons:

1) We allowed it last winter and also all this past summer outside.

2) It has proven to be no faster than the Novak Ballistic motor in the 17.5 spec truck class. In fact, the fastest runs last winter were on a Novak Ballistic, and at the last BRL race at Triclone, TQ in the truck class was set with a Ballistic -- although there were many TP motors in the house. I ran one myself outdoors and it was no faster than my best Ballistic.

The intent here is to get in front of this motor mess that is coming. We don't want this class to have to all go out and buy another $100 motor (and possibly lose guys who don't want to in order to be competitive) when what we have been running last winter and outdoors is just fine -- and the field is pretty close no matter which of the allowed motors you run.

The reports I've seen so far is that the D3.5, also a short stack but other "voodoo" as well, is a whole 'nother animal -- up to a full lap faster (4 sec. lap) in 17.5 spec.

Thanks for asking ! I'm sure others wondered as well.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Yep... that's the idea... whatever was in your truck last year is the same stuff we're running this year. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrats to Ballistic Bobby for making the "A" main in Nastruck his first time returning to the track after the doctors cleared him to race.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
TQ and win with the truck in Vinton Sunday LD...one of these days I will come up there and lay the smack down on ya :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts