Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, miss type should tentatively be that sat/sun....pending final ROAR announcememtn of the carpet nats date

·
Registered
35 Posts
WGT was 13.5 blinky at the Halloween classic but the flyer says open esc? Also its not listed as a class you can sign-up for on the sheet. Also Jaco WGT spec tyres were not allowed at the Halloween classic but are listed as legal. Could I get some insight on these issues?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
WGT was 13.5 blinky at the Halloween classic but the flyer says open esc? Also its not listed as a class you can sign-up for on the sheet. Also Jaco WGT spec tyres were not allowed at the Halloween classic but are listed as legal. Could I get some insight on these issues?
Originally it was open but the Gate crew voted to go Blinky, last year it had a great turnout at the classic only to have only 2-3 at the other locations once not even that many so it was decided not to offer it this year. If we don't get enough pre entries it will be dropped from second leg and not mentioned again.

The tire issue seems to be some confusion over changes Jaco may have made. Simply put the purple stripe should denote lilac for most but jaco used to do a carbon looking wheel for the lilac, the ones in question had neither designator.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I will chime in on this one. The Jaco wheels are white now instead of the carbon fiber look. They do not have a identifier stripe so most racing organizations do not allow them at special events like the HWC or the Indoor Champs. The oval series require the purple stripes in their spec classes also. ROAR is working on clarification of their rule as it does not require the ring but specifies the compound as Lilac, 38 shore. There is some question on the shore (hard to check) of the Jacos. The one person that ran them in one qualifier took them off stating they were too soft!! I allowed him to run them until I had claification from Ken but it became a non issue at that point.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
I must apologize for being way off on the flyer.
I've been really busy and got behind.
We will use the same package as the Gate.
1/12 17.5 blinky
1/12 mod
VTA
TC 17.5 blinky
TC mod

Please use the entry form provided, just sign up for the appropriate classes.
Thanks for understanding, and thanks to those who have already signed up.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
If you use Paypal please send as a gift and add the class or classes you'll be running. Don't forget to send your transponder number also.

Paypal as a Gift to [email protected]

Or mail in entry to:

Fred Knapp
2957 Giddings Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI. 49508

Keep them coming.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
If you use Paypal please send as a gift and add the class or classes you'll be running. Don't forget to send your transponder number also.

Paypal as a Gift to [email protected]

Or mail in entry to:

Fred Knapp
2957 Giddings Ave SE
Grand Rapids, MI. 49508

Keep them coming.
Mike Bob, Tom Heys and Mike Slaughter that you for your entries

1 - 20 of 221 Posts