Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see talk of running or not running the middle screw that holds the rear pod to the t-plate. What does running or not running the middle screw do? Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
CUrcracer said:
I see talk of running or not running the middle screw that holds the rear pod to the t-plate. What does running or not running the middle screw do? Thanks.

Paul
Translates to a softer rear suspension....and/or allows things to break/tweak alot easier. I don't do it because I feel as though it can throw off my rear steer setting easily, even in a minor 'wreck'.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I've heard the 'softer' rear suspension too...however, I HIT THINGS and I can tell you only 2 screws SUCKS. The "T"Plate snaps/breaks really easy with only 2 screws.

RUN a softer plate, with softer side springs if you want softer suspension...and RUN 3 screws... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
RCMits said:
some cars have a "washer" or "slug" in that middle part... do you need to put that washer, or will just a screw suffice?
Running the "3rd screw" transfers more weight to the front tires, increasing steering.

Removing the "3rd screw" reduces front weight transfer and adds rear grip.

When the screw is removed the pod/t-plate area can become brittle but you can tune a car off this adjustment and it does make a bit change. Changing to a softer t-plate and running the 3rd screw will have a similiar effect but you loose the "spring" of the stiffer plate. There is always a trade-off so I would suggest trying both options and what fits your style the best.

When you remove the 3rd screw you also remove the center spacer/slug.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I've always felt that removing the center screw gives you more forward bite. I think that it is one of the key adjustments you can make.

·
Registered
219 Posts
middle T-plate screw

I used to run the middle screw on my L-4,but keep it loose just to provide addl. support in the event of a hard crash.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
What I have been doing is loosing the middle screw where it will spin some what free in the hole but not loose enough to come out or hang down from the bottom pod plate. I feel like this gives you a little of both worlds. It gives you a little more front bit without making the T-Plate fragil.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have seen people us a shock o-ring istead of the aluminum spacer. This will still allow the screw, but allow for a softer spring rate of the t-plate also.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts