Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I watched the unveiling last night on line.

It seems to be a VERY impressive car! Under $60K to start and under 3 sec 0-60! I'm guessing it will corner close to 1.2G.
It's very pretty and still distinctively Corvette. It looks like Chevy has a done it's homework, I'm wanting to read some road tests of it!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cheaper than the new Shelby GT500 and more likely a lot cheaper than the Ford GT. I can't afford either one for laughing out loud. I'm still happy with my 2005 Mustang GT with Detriot rocker cams with Kooks long tube headers and bolt-ons. Less than 110.000 miles. Funny can't really tell much difference with this new Corvette and the Second Generation Ford GT. They both look like race cars.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Shoot there is Camaros that cost that. I know this one guy who turned from Chevrolet and he is pro chevy and bought a Dodge Challenger Scat Pac he said it was cheaper.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I've been playing around on Chevy's website.

I've built one online. Zeus Bronze, Natural interior, translucent roof, and magna ride.

I wonder how much it would really end up and how long it would take.

It's kind of hard to justify $65K for a toy though.

·
Administrator
32,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They will start taking orders in October. :cheers2:

Justify! Try to find anything comparialbe to it (and what will be coming in the Grand Sport ZO6 and ZR1 versions) at that price (and theirs).

Under the table hint: a chip and tune will make it a super (ney hyper) car easily.

Its a game changer for sure. :cheers2:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Oh yah, a gamechanger for sure!

I've never owned a Corvette before, at 59 years old would it still be classified as a mid-life crisis?

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
19,702 Posts
I'm sure it's going to be a bad ass car.

Just doesn't say Corvette to me.

Maybe Corrarri or Fervette.

I guess GM has tossed in the towel to European Design.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Yah,

That doesn't suck at all.

But it looks like the rear trunk area is gone.

I guess thats a 1st world problem.

·
Administrator
32,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rear storage area is still there and it will still hold two golf bags. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
32,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got around to watching the Petite LeMans this past weekend. The had the new C8.R there for a demonstration and paddack showcase. Doesnt look to much different than the C7.R.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
It does look ver Corvettish.

How did it sound? Supposedly the racing Vette is getting a flat plane V8.

·
Administrator
32,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Over the television it didnt have the V8 rumble a Corvette normal has, but the camera shots seemed to be from far away and coming towards the shot. :cheers2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts