Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have XP. I keep getting these damn internet explorer pop-ups. Is there anyway within XP to shut this crap off? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
use any of the pop up toolbars, its stops a good handful. dont forget to run adware/spybot s&d to make sure you don't have adware hoarding your machine.

winXPsp2 has a built in as well.. but im holding off till they get the bugs off.

mits

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
RCMits said:
winXPsp2 has a built in as well.. but im holding off till they get the bugs off.

mits
uh, sp2 is all bug fixes. Anything that isn't a bug fix is to correct design flaws (security/pop ups etc). Don't wait.

I've installed on 2 machines (gw notebook, hp desktop) flawlessly. Performance is better now on both machines.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I've disabled messenger a long time ago and still get tons of pop ups,also I have installed adware and spy ware! still in pop up hell! now the damn thing locks down when trying to download anything,about to get a new harddrive and start over!

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
pepe said:
I've disabled messenger a long time ago and still get tons of pop ups,also I have installed adware and spy ware! still in pop up hell! now the damn thing locks down when trying to download anything,about to get a new harddrive and start over!
That's a bit like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

As a last resort format the hd effectively erasing everything and then re-install windows and any safe usefull software you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts