Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Great job on this little guy... I never wanted this kit b/c 1. it's too small for me to try and 2. I don't like the karate chaop hands... But you build has made me want yet another Franky kit!!!

3 cheers for Figure kits!

Travis

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Gotta love those little kits! I did the Metaluna Mutant - what a blast. If I can ever find my digital camera (kids), I'll post some pictures of it.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Travis, if you've never done a 54mm or 120mm kit, give it a try. I think you may be surprised at how much fun they are. I've got Geo's vinyl Son of Frankenstein kit almost finished, then I just have to scratchbuild a base for it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great work man .... Don't mind if I copy Franky's flesh tones there? :D Think I'll use them on me PL's Frankenstein kit. Really like the base also.

Skunk

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
COOL! :thumbsup: You didn't miss a thing!

Small but creepy!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
MAN NIGHT-OWL HE"S PERFECT! but how many inches tall would you say he is? then One other Question Anybody ever see that Vinyl Kit Of Boris as Frank that Stands Aroud 2 Feet Tall? IIRC it's called a Mcvey Kit? Sorta going the Other Extreme lol from 2 Inch to Two Feet lol Oh and He's holding Flowers

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks one and all for the kind words. Lon, he's about four inches tall. Feel free Skunk. He's basecoated with Delta C. Old parchment, then a wash of DC sea grass and then I added a few drops of DC mudstone to the mix for the second wash. Shading touchups done with grey pastels. Working on a PL Frankie myself; adding the posthumous replacement head and looking to redo the base. I saw the Mcvey kit at Wonderfest, probably the only kit of the monster smiling.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Night-Owl said:
Thanks one and all for the kind words. Lon, he's about four inches tall. Feel free Skunk. He's basecoated with Delta C. Old parchment, then a wash of DC sea grass and then I added a few drops of DC mudstone to the mix for the second wash. Shading touchups done with grey pastels. Working on a PL Frankie myself; adding the posthumous replacement head and looking to redo the base. I saw the Mcvey kit at Wonderfest, probably the only kit of the monster smiling.
YES YES Smiling! So is that Kit Still Made?

John/Lonfan

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if its still being made, but you can usually find one at WonderFest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts