Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actor and champion bodybuilder Mickey Hargitay, former husband of Jayne Mansfield and father of actress Mariska Hargitay, has died at the age of 80.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,20040,00.html?fdnews

Of course, he was best known to movie geeks as the star of several European sword-and-sandal pictures, as well as the infamous horror cheapie The Crimson Executioner (a.k.a. Bloody Pit of Horror).

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What, no comments from anyone?

Well, I guess there really isn't a lot you can say about Mickey Hargitay. Except that he had muscles. Big muscles. Lots of muscles.

"I was forced to retreat to this castle. Mankind is made up of inferior creatures, spiritually and physically deformed, who would have corrupted the harmony of my perfect body."
— The Crimson Executioner

Sounds like this character would have gotten along well with General Jack Ripper.

Rest in peace, big guy.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
A very slight comment that I will make is:

I have the Bloody Pit of Horror as part of the Box of Blood in my DVD collection.

And he seemed like a good family man, God bless 'im.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
scotpens said:
What, no comments from anyone?

Well, I guess there really isn't a lot you can say about Mickey Hargitay. Except that he had muscles. Big muscles. Lots of muscles.
I like him & Jayne's daughter on Law & Order SVU?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought Jayne Mansfield was beautiful. "Startling" is the word that comes to mind. Supposedly she was highly intelligent, but by the mid-1960s, she had become a caricature of herself (is that a caricature of a caricature?) and her career had plummeted to the point where she was doing small nightclub gigs to survive. I suppose she and Mickey were two of a kind, more or less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts