Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
We normally don't run 13.5 1 cell except for a spec truck class. We have run the TOUR COT class in the past.
The truck class (SST) and 10.5 are the two biggest classes. I'm sure scott or fred will chime in for class rules.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
whats the rules for 13.5 single cell? if im legal i might make the trip Zmain
SST class......
SST CLASS
1. Any standard pancar chassis.
2. SMC 4000 mah 25c single cell battery ONLY!
3. 13.5 NOVAK [no ballistics] or OHP 13.5. ONLY
4. Novak[GTB or less], LRP[07 edition or older] or Tekin[200 firmware or older] ESC.
5. Protoform or McAllister Truck Body with tailgate intact and manufacturers spoiler. McAllister Truck body part #176, #203, #218, #245. Protoform ORT Truck body part #1227-21.
6. BSR Spec Tires - Greens, Blues, Silvers ONLY. BSR's ONLY!
7. Trucks must have a number on the roof and both doors.
8. Roof Height minimum 4 3/8".
9. 21.5 Drivers that finished in the top 6 in points at MP are not eligible to race in this class.
We will tech for motor, battery [brand and voltage-4.22 volts], tires and anything else that is deemed neccessary

·
Registered
318 Posts
thanks toytech! it looks like all i need to be legal is a truck body and a set of spec tires, right now im runnin a novak 13.5 & a gtb , battery is an smc 4000 25c, im real close to being legal so i might make the trip again thanks Mike

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
The only thing different between this and Toytech's post is the minimum weight of 36 oz.

SST CLASS

1. Any standard pancar chassis.
2. SMC 4000 mah 25c single cell battery ONLY!
3. 13.5 NOVAK [no ballistics] or OHP 13.5. ONLY
4. Novak[GTB or less], LRP[07 edition or older] or Tekin[200 firmware or older] ESC.
5. Protoform or McAllister Truck Body with tailgate intact and manufacturers spoiler. McAllister Truck body part #176, #203, #218, #245. Protoform ORT Truck body part #1227-21.
6. BSR Spec Tires - Greens, Blues, Silvers ONLY. BSR's ONLY!
7. Trucks must have a number on the roof and both doors.
8. Roof Height minimum 4 3/8".
9. 36 oz. minimum weight, race ready.
10. 21.5 Drivers that finished in the top 6 in points at MP are not eligible to race in this class.

We will tech for motor, battery [brand and voltage-4.22 volts], tires, weight and anything else that is deemed neccessary.

10.5 1 cell
  1. Any Pancar Chassis.
  2. ANY ESC. YES, ANY ESC.
  3. Any 10.5 motor.
  4. Any tire combination.
  5. Any NASCAR body.
  6. Wings are allowed.
  7. Rear of body MAY be removed.
  8. 36 oz. minimum weight.
  9. No Whining! Bring enough or buy some more!
SPEC PAN
  1. Any Pancar chassis.
  2. Any NASCAR body. rear of body/bumper must be intact.
  3. Spec brushed motor.
  4. Any brushed ESC. -exceptions: No "newer" brushless speedos that are capable of brushed operation. Specifically- Novak Kinetics, Tekins w/v203, Mamba's, Black Diamonds or LRP SXX's/SPX's.
  5. 4 cell Spec Battery.
  6. Spec tires.
  7. No wings.
  8. Rear of body MUST be intact.
SPEC PAN brushless power train variations:
  1. Allowed ESC's - Novak Havoc, GTB or SS. LRP Sphere/COMP/07 Edition.
  2. Allowed Brushless Motors/Battery - Novak's ORIGINAL 13.5 smooth can motor with bonded rotor with 4 cell SPEC Battery OR Novak 17.5 SSPRo motor with 1 cell Lipo.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ok guys, Have a question to ask. I see the speedo rules for the truck class. But i only have a SPX.........Allowable if i run Mode 1 ? Just asking as i do not want too have to buy a speedo just for that race. I allready have to buy tires. Not asking special treatment, just asking.........LMK, Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Ok guys, Have a question to ask. I see the speedo rules for the truck class. But i only have a SPX.........Allowable if i run Mode 1 ? Just asking as i do not want too have to buy a speedo just for that race. I allready have to buy tires. Not asking special treatment, just asking.........LMK, Bobby
Hey I want to run Truck with open speedo so lets make class!!!

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think that the SPX has been allowed in SST.
It shouldn't be a problem In a open Stadium truck class.

Adam from Performance Hobbies and Raceway Gaylord, MI. has also stepped up for a sponsorship spot.
Thanks Adam,
Fred.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I am proud and happy to help out with the Michigan Super Speedway Oval Champs!!!
I am heading to the Birds and have been accepted into the Futaba 600!!! I am also running 13.5 COT and 12th scale 10.5 I am hoping that we can put some of these together for the champs!!! I know Frankie and a few others from Michigan are going down and maybe they will come out to the Michigan Champs!!!

1 - 20 of 221 Posts