Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOW, it's been along time since I've posted here. I thought it would be a good idea to share what's coming for the upcoming 2012/13 season.

Newly Painted track area
New Track Barrier featuring CRC Click track.
New Race Displays (see what we see from (4) different locations in the facility)
New Website (www.michianarc.com)

A little about us for those not familiar with our facility.

Our track is a 36'-0" X 60'-0" Ozite carpet layout. We've done our best to listen to the racers and and are removing the 2x4 track barrier and replacing it with CRC Clik trak. We share this track with both onroad and offroad type vehicles. Offroad classes we are offering this year are:
Sportsman SC 2wd. 17.5
Pro 2wd SC 17.5 blinky/spec speedo.
2wd buggy 17.5 blinky/spec any front tire..rear tires to be suburbs or slicks.

If your currently running your SC/buggy outdoors, we ask that they be cleaned up before bringing them on the carpet. Both these classes require proline street fighter tires. We've been able to get these tires to hookup very well on the carpet. They also are less wear'n'tear on the carpet.

Onroad classes this year are:
1/12th 17.5 Blinky (up for discussion to allow timing)
Rubber TC 17.5 Blinky esc
VTA. We follow the VTA rules. To my knowledge the only difference is we allow any spec esc, or timing speedo in a spec mode. We also do not have a battery limitation rule, however most of our guys kinda run towards the spirit of the rules and have older battery packs or newer "sport" type pacs in their cars.

Our facility also has wireless internet for all to share. I'm working to get live RC (video and audio) working and will hopefully have that functioning later this season.

We also have an onsite Hobby shop. While very small, I try to keep it stocked with the necessities. I'll order anything ya need. If you would like us to keep something in stock, just let us know. Oh yeah, we got snacks too!

Please feel free to ask any questions here. If you've been to our facility before, let your fellow racers know what you think about our place. (yikes...that could be interesting)

Enjoy the rest of your summer and we'll hopefully see you on our opening day, Friday September 28th.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the Delay. I've had some personal business to attend too the past couple of days. While I posted up above that it was open ESC (which to me means boosted) one of the other guys told me it was blinky. Gimmie a day or so and I'll confirm. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
No problem,
I was told Blinky also.
While I am all for speed, I think boosted would be to much for the track size.
Dayton

·
Registered
347 Posts
2wd Buggy Class

Rumor has it that there might be a 2wd Buggy class this year! Is that still in the works? Personally i think it would be a blast.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. The talk is 17.5 blinky. Any front tire and some sort of mild treaded rear to not pull up carpet fibers

·
Registered
347 Posts
When does practice start for the buggies? Will you have a buggie onroad class with no jumps or the offroad layout with jumps?

I know, stupid questions, but would like to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm guessing that practice will begin 9/24 for offroad, they have a nice 'offroad' style course with jumps... Aaron will correct the date if I'm incorrect...

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep. Im going to do my best to keep the calander on our website up to date. Its a google alander, so I think you can link to it.
:p

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OPENING WEEK!!!
Opening Offroad Practice - Monday September 24th
Opening Onroad Practice - Wednesday September 26th
Opening RACE DAY!!! - Friday September 28th.
SEEYA THERE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope to be out for short course in week 2, was hoping to have the truck ready by week one, but does not look like its going to happen. Its going to be my first time racing so I cant wait to get some laps in!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you guys decided on a tire for the buggies yet? Hoping to make it down there next Friday.

Bill.
OK, the talk is:
the above tire (doesn't matter what compound).
OR. Slicks. Take a tire ya already got and grind it down smooth.

Hope that helps.
Aaron

1 - 20 of 194 Posts