Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official hobbytalk threqad for the Oval part of the Michiana R/C Raceway.....
If you need directions .....more info please post here or post on the tracks website forum at http://www.michianarc.com and either one of the owners or racers will hook you up with what you need!!!

Keep in mind any and all over racers in the area.....Wednesday nights is oval night!!! A few of us have been to the track testing and playing around. Stop in and check out the renovations and new additions to the track....

Mondays is roadcourse practice night...however the roadcourse guys are more than willing to share the track time......Wednesdays is Oval racing....so grab your gear and have some fun on Wednesday nights!!!!

Kris

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man..come out one and all and play with us......

Should be a good time....

Kris

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well AAron, was going to make it wedsday,but get to attend a dinner banquet at the Elks right around the corner.Going to pack my stuff anyways,in case i get out off there early.I think I'm setting myself up for heartbreak,lol.Try to see you guys tomorrow
Eric

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Small crowd tonite. 4 4300 brushless guys. This track is awesome and in great shape. If you can make it and want to do some racing on a wednesday nite, this is the place to be. I'd like to thank my good friend ETOWNE for preventing me from running 70 in the main. I guess that means 69 4:00.6? is the record in brushless. If I remember right the runline is 118' and the infield in the same size as Fort Wayne. Aaron please double check the runline because the straight feel longer than Pete's and the corners are definatly wider.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Oval night.

There were also (3) 6-cell stock guys, however I think one of those guys is in the market for a 4300. Pat also didn't show up, I guess he got busy. He's generally a 6-cell stock guy.
For not running oval in about 3-4 years, I Enjoyed it. the 4-cell 4300 was just enough power for me without feeling like it was too much to handle. I just had to watch out for Eric's slightly obscure line he was driving. I think he must have been drinking. :p Just mess'n with ya.

Driveline
I've included a pic of the track drawn in AutoCAD. I suppose it depends on how you draw the drive-line. I can get it to vary anyplace from 112 to 123 depending on how I draw the lines. I settled in in the middle at 117.5. I think last night I had said 118 or 119, but that's what was in my head. (and what a scary place to be some days)

Points,
As discussed w/the drivers that were there, we'll do the 1st 2 weeks (this week and next week) as sort of a warm-up, then do a 6-week points thing. If anybody has any thoughts on that, I'm open to suggestions.

Results,
The results from the races will be posted within 24 hours of the race, and normally right after. Feel free to log into our website at www.michianarc.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Derrick,I apologize for getting you sideways.It was funny.This is club racing have some fun.Thats what it's about.When points start I promise not to pull a stunt like that.It's kinda funny how I couldn't run w/ you until I wanted to slow you down.Guess that tells you where my head was last night.lol
Thanks guys I had a fun time last night,next week I'll bring some kleenex for my buddy.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
acyrier said:
There were also (3) 6-cell stock guys, however I think one of those guys is in the market for a 4300.
Hmm would that be referring to me??? LOL I got my GTB and I am gonna put it in and it will be ready for Wednesday. I am not ditching the 6 cell stock program....gonna get a motor that will not drop a cyclinder and some juice in the tank that will rock!! Won't be the same car....but should be descent!!!

I would like to see an IFMAR style start with the starting grid in front of the drivers......and then a heads up start in the main. Seems better to start back from the line and the IFMAR start if there is a pile up in the turn.....doesn't hurt you beacasue your car hasn't crossed the line yet.....gather it up cross the line and your own clock starts...what does the rest of the group think??? It really isn't a big deal, but I will go with whatever the other wanna do....

Also would it be possible with the 4300 BL class instead of 4 mins can we run 5 mins??? As most of us including me will be running the BRL series those races are 5 mins long I personally would like to run under the same rules as BRL to get familiar with them.....but I will leave it up to the resto f the group and go with what they want too.....

These are just suggestions......I had a blast Wednesday...I think we have a group of guys who love racing for what it is FUN......and the season and OVal will get better as the season goes on......Thanks for letting us play guys......

Kris

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
Kris has some good points... It doesn't matter to me about the time. The start idea I do like, though...

I'd personally like to do some four-cell stock if anyone's interested. I like running up in New England, and brushless doesn't exist up there.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
New England Oval Racing

ToddFalkowski said:
Kris has some good points... It doesn't matter to me about the time. The start idea I do like, though...

I'd personally like to do some four-cell stock if anyone's interested. I like running up in New England, and brushless doesn't exist up there.
:thumbsup: Todd,Like i said before,you come to K&N and we'll put some first class banked oval carpet racing at yah.I'll even give you my personal pit space if yah come LOL.(oh yah,you got positive feed back on item) Tranny Car Man. (from the old days still) :thumbsup: :cool: :wave:
Stop by K&N forums,theres a few HeHe GO FAST TURN LEFT !!!!!!!.

1 - 20 of 433 Posts