Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a case of Jesse James West Coast Choppers at WM today, nice cars. One the Sweet Pea was there in Flat Black and the other one was Raw, no paint, so I picked up the Raw one, I wonder if the Raws will be Chase cars, didn't know, but I do like Raw cars and this is a nice casting. Here's a Pic:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I 'might' buy it, I'd have to see it closer up first. But seeing the picture above, I don't like the rough weld lines around the chopped top. The weld lines look like diecast join marks that HW is famous for.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
I 'might' buy it, I'd have to see it closer up first. But seeing the picture above, I don't like the rough weld lines around the chopped top. The weld lines look like diecast join marks that HW is famous for.
It's called a Rat Rod. that's how they build 'em. Some like 'em, some don't.
By the way, it was built on a special episode of Monster Garage filmed in New York City, and a friend of mine was on the build. And the car was named after a dog that Jesse adopted that passed away during surgery to repair a bum leg. I know....useless information.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
ECchopper said:
It's called a Rat Rod. that's how they build 'em. Some like 'em, some don't.
I like 'em, and this is one of my favorites. I shot this last fall at our second annual 28th Street Metro Cruise (Car Craft did an article on the event for their Feb. issue), and right now it is sitting in a convention center in downtown Grand Rapids Mi. along with several others of its kind. I hope to get in to photograph it tomorrow. I may have to stop off and look for JJ's car at Wal-Mart first though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got the Outlaw 666 and the Sweet Pea the other day. Very Detailed, Screwed together. I have not seen the raw version. I would grab that one. I like the Rat Rod Stuff. I customize and They are fun to build because to be realistic, you do not have to worry about being perfect. example below :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
These cars are finally are showing up at my local WM. I looked at the Sweet Pea and bought it. It was unusual enough to interest me; I liked the detail and the lines of the car. Of course I had to take the car apart to see what the big chrome thing was in the back seat (it's a gas tank).
I looked at the rest of the cars in this release too and decided to pass on them. They all looked like Mad Max kind of cars...which does not interest me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I saw thiss series at WM but decided to pass. But they sort of grow on you after seeing these pics again.

Jesse James lives in Seal Beach CA and would shop at the neighborhood Target. I saw him once with his pretty wife Sunday morning at 8 a.m.! The Target employees said he would come often but nobody recognize him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts