Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
A big ol' Saleen. I just noticed this is one of the one of every maker listings of 1 Badd Ride. Does anyone have more of a history on them? Are they still around? etc?

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
And a surprise for me was this Playart Porsche. I chase special run castings and this one is probably just another regular offering, but it has a car club tampo on the sides. Which fits my criteria for now, until I can do more research on it! I am beginning to understand the attraction you guys have with these none HW/MB castings. Some of them are just stunning for their size!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
@craftymore

1 Badd Ride was in business in the middle aughts of the 2000s. They were similar to JADA with bling rims and slightly distorted proportions though not as bad as JADA. Right off hand I don't recall any other company acquiring their castings to use in other lines.
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
@juantoo3

I don't know the details, and my French sucks. Having said that, I think it says Auto Club of the West, or Western Automobile Club...something of that nature. I am not certain of the relationship that led to the tampo, and I don't recall seeing any of these in blister. They are fairly common though, and come up quite often in my searches for Playart. This is the only model I have seen with this tampo.
:cheers2:

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The blue roofed C4 I was chasing from this lot.

@ w gee

I've seen a couple veriations of blue tint on the roof of this casting (Small Diecast Corvettes site ) I have a couple with this lighter blue tint , still looking for the less opaque blue tint and 5 dot wheel variant ...happy hunting :D

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks! As noted above both Mrs Fox's and my Dad worked for Phillips from the late 40s until their respective retirements. So we pick up a lot of memorablia when we can find it!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I think I found two images of the Merc. One on the front and one on the back. Hopefully; it is still floating around with those shoes in someone's collection or the halls at Mattel!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
@W Gee wrote:

I've seen a couple veriations of blue tint on the roof of this casting (Small Diecast Corvettes site ) I have a couple with this lighter blue tint , still looking for the less opaque blue tint and 5 dot wheel variant ...happy hunting :D

I have a couple as well now - in different places. How opaque is the darker blue version? I keep finding ones with a darker blue roof than ones I already have, but IIRC you can still see through them each. Cant remember if I picked up a 5 dot along the way yet, but do have a carded version.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Had the boys from the shop come in and make some foundation (tab) adjustments and make repairs to the upper level ramp. The tab adjustments also freed up the elevator lift to stop from binding. Should have the new (display) location set up next week!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Had another extremely well packed, but small box arrive from @bigtractormike this week!

Shipping box!

bubble wrapped....

individually bagged....

tissue wrapped.....

and finally the contents!

I should have picked up more of these CXTs - a very nice casting by MB!

61 - 80 of 95 Posts