Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place were I started my Accumulations thread is being abandoned! Since, I doubt if anyone over there is interested in salvaging/saving it as part of the site reset - I am transfering it over here and calling it a Restrospective. Hope you enjoy the previous accumultions. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20 April 2016

Going to jump out there with my latest box from the Garage. This one came from jeepxjlover and is a varity mix of carded and loose castings. Plus, two free cases and a few basket cases to put through the shop.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got bumped off the net there for a bit. But, here are the loose ones. The white custom truck was recently featured in the 2015 Good Guys Magazine. And the green one is going to make a nice parts truck for the shop! Both firebirds are suppose to be wheel donors, but the blue one is beautiful in hand and as soon as the chrome interior is gone will make a nice vehicle.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20 April 2016

Picked this one up last Tuesday at the Dollar General on one of our meandering outings across town. The photo image doesnt show how beautiful the bronze tone wheels are. Plus, it is an exceptional casting with very nice tampos. I dont recall getting any of these in our area last year and I am glad I spotted it at the back of the pegs.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
21 April 2016

I had spent the first half of April with my parents on the Gulf Coast. Pickings there were pretty slim, but I did manage to find a few interesting pieces. This one came from the local Dollar General and is screaming for an interior upgrade to white eventually! (The interior is still red!) Pink is one of the subsets I do collect and I couldnt pass up a pink Vette for sure!

2016 Welly 1:43 Pullback 1957 Chevrolet Corvette

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had found a Nikon 5100 DSLR after Christmas and one of the built in functions is color sketching. The pink 'Vette made an interesting subject in both color and b&w sketch.

Another is B&W images.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I was cataloguing the recent finds, I noticed that the MB Mini was a 55th Anniversary edition. It was a shorter production run early in the year before they switched body colors and tampos to a parts van livery for the rest of 2007. May have to reconsider the projected DLM status as a wheel donor now!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
23 April 2016

I found my Good Guys 2015 magazine, but couldnt find the custom truck photo that reminded me of this custom version from HWs. (Wonder if the HWs diecast inspred a tribute build in 1:1 instead?) Still a nice looking casting to go in the shop show room!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had this pink version (they came in different body styles) that is missing its rear wheels and the tiny zip pull. I remember it being from a cereal box insert, but that would have been 40 years ago! Anyone have any ideals or input on its origin or manufacturer? (There is a code molded into the front underside (0 8 7 ? P) so I will dig it out again to see what the 4th letter/number is!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
24 April 2016

I did manage to find David Tilly's 1st Ambassader report for when the Mini Van was introduced - interesting reading for sure. Dont think I will be catching up with them all - any time sone! But the mini was turned out to be only one of three castings that were done in the green with the 55th Anniversary markings. The other two were the '72 Ford Bronco and the Lexus GS430. There were many made of each, but MB having only done three castings out off all the models that year made it collectable.

On my recent trip to the coast though, I did mange to find all these MBs on the pegs at another $ General Store! As well as - another Homer! I dont watch the Simpson's, but love the vehicle. Never saw the black limo in my area, but did find 1 or 2 of the white versions recently. The yellow and white wheels are for potential wheel donors, but I do seem to have started an Off Road Racer collection over the past year. I may have an addiction to Lambos and Astons, too!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another single car that I picked up during one of our outings last week. I have always been a big baseball fan and had looked at this one several times when it was first distributed. Didnt like the tampos on any I had found back then and skipped over it each time. But I ran across this one and the side tampo is in pretty good shape - so I brought it home to add to the diecast tampo/card art wall display!

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
25 April 2016

A RAOK from my Sister and BIL during my recent trip to the Gulf Coast. He sold his 'Vette and now they are parting with their entire diecast collection. The packaging is still in their attic, but they never seperated it from the base. It has a bit of a steering linkage issue that needs to be corrected, but looks good for the photo!

Road Signature 1:18 1957 Corvette

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
28 April 2016

This group is from a previous purchase out of the Garage. The JL's and Concept go into the loose Corvette Collection. Will the other regular Nomads were a start at a Chevy Nomad collection, but I have since lost interest. So they are being transferred to the detail shop after a few runs down the drag track of course!

The Limo and Vicky are also still at the race shop for tuning and testing.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
29 April 2016

A new box arrived this past Wednesday!

Cracked her open yesterday.

Just a small assortment this time, but a lovely collection of items enclosed.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The first loose gem in the bubble wrap is my 1st Summer brand Corvette. Without further research and based on the front end - it is a C6 generation ZO6 version in a very nice shade of medium blue. The front head lamps are the most intriging casting detail to me. They look to be a continuous part of the windshield piece and are quite a good resemblence to the 1:1. From overhead they even have good depth.

After that, the rest of the body casting and detail look to be more of the C5 models. The interior is very spartan with only the two seats and lower part of the center console shown. The front windsheild is actually really that big, but without the dashboard filling almost the entire lower half of the windsheild area - it looks even more huge! Surprisingly to me the base is attached by two screws.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The next gem out of this box is this card art from this HW Nose Art edition. I have had an affinity for vintage airplane nose art since elementary school. This one with the metal grey and green uniform tones will be a perfect match for our master bed room color palate. It has been up on the wall for two days now without Mrs Fox noticing it being there!!! If it makes it through today, I will have brought that room into the diecast wall art galleries...

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The third gem is this unknown brand to me of a 1979 C3 Coupe. (Any id thoughts or observations on the probable manufacturer name are more than welcome.) The listing seller did not identify this one by brand, but I just fell in love with the green color of this casting when I first saw it on the screen; the shiny finish it has and its additional graphics.

It also made a great subject for the color sketching effect on my new digital camera. Here the blue tint of the windshield fits better to the other tones found in the casting.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts