1081 - 1100 of 1139 Posts

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,082 · (Edited)
A mail box arrival

Speed Wheels '63 Chevrolet Corvette
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Have never seen a box this size before but was a nearly a perfect fit for this Split Window that @canalnoises (Thanks! (y) ) had flagged for me at ebay! I have a few versions of this Yat Ming casting but not one packaged in this way!

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

This Super Wheels brand named casting was distributed by Electro-Plastics. The Diecast Encyclopedia does carry a notation to Super Wheels (as related to Straco) and to Electro Plastics but not to a Sports Car series. Both used Yat Ming made castings.

Speed Wheels '63 Chevrolet Corvette by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Looks like it was sold at a grocery story and seemingly pricy for the mid to early '90 based on the UPC code on the otherwise blank card back.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,083 ·
This past Saturdays toy finds in Arlington featured a lot of different brands of carded items. The same vendor that I found the Greenlight with the green rivet last week - had actual Green Machine versions this week, including the new C8 Indy Pace car. I also picked up an F1 Ferrari Hall of Fame racer, a JL Indy Car/ Olds Pace Car 2 pack, a new Jada, a carded LeAnn Rimes 'Vette, 2 HWs Zamacs and a silver Edelbrock Split Window. Mrs Fox also picked out the JL Mopar and Mystery HWs as door prizes. I also found both versions of the Coast Corvettes Split Windows loose in yellow and white! My best 'Vette haul in quite awhile!

20211009 Arlington Toy Show Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,084 · (Edited)
As I have been moving things around in the diecast room and doing some late "Spring" cleaning, I found this loose Corvette that I had picked up at the end of the Arlington show earlier this month. I also found I had already picked up the silver M2 Edelbrock before and the carded LeAnn Rimes Split Window as well!

20211016 2 Dudes Diecast Show
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,085 · (Edited)
This past weekend was the Aledo diecast show and I didnt find any new 'Vettes but did find some drivers for my other Torpedo Jones' cars. I new V16 and a 5 pack of Fright Cars.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Also made quite a few trades for some other castings. I will probably hold onto the Brave pickup but most of the others will go into next months show along with the duplicate Corvettes for sale and new trades.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 · (Edited)
This past Saturday we had our 2nd re-organizational meeting for the North Texas Diecast Collectors Club. I ended up with another GEMs Customs & Restorations Corvette Stingray as a door prize and 2 Club Cars from 2007 as an RAOK. The VW Drag Truck is actually my 1st casting version of this model.

20211030 NTDCC 2.0 Meeting
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,087 ·
On the way home I stopped by a Hallmark store but the C8 ornament was going to be set out until the 12th and I couldnt find the '58 decoration piece at Dollar General, but I did pick out these 4 Matchboxes to take home with me. They included 2 VWs, a Mustang and a Renault van.

20211030 Diecast Dollar Tree Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 · (Edited)
Last weekends carded diecast finds from the North Dallas Toy Show. I traded another mail in car for the $TH and picked up the Matchbox and the other carded ones.

20211108 NDTS Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

I also picked up this 1:18 scale Hot Wheels Corvette. The only one I can recall seeing for sale in a few years locally. I do run across the Ferrari's on occassion but hardly any of the other makes and models. One of the seals on the end flaps had come loose but the door strap was still in place. Along with the 4 bottom screws and tape for the back drop. The hood was jammed though and wouldnt open but a 1/4 of an inch. Not sure if all the pliths for them are the same but this one curves up in the back left corner. It also has a curb, drain and tire tracks molded into the front right corner. The back ground images reminds me of the Blue Ridge Parkway but doesnt match up to the plith shape to well on the left side.

20211108 NDTS Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
I decided to go ahead and get one of the Kroger mail in Galaxies, so I stopped by one of our local stores yesterday. Also found some new MB Power Grabs and a New Years Day Carbonator.

20211115 Kroger Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,090 ·
Our grocery list also required a stop at a nearby Walmart where I found some other HWs and no side tampos Challenger from the 2021 Holiday Series. There was also a 2021 Legends 5 pack hanging on the front of the pegs.

20211115 Walmart Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,093 ·
Dropped by one of our other Kroger locations last Friday and found these 3 castings. Planning to open the Mini Cargo Truck to make it a shop truck but will have to detampo the name and stripes since they misspelled Milton with an 'e'. The NPS truck will go into the sub collection and the Tesla is only the 2nd one I have seen on the pegs.

20221119 Kroger Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
While I was digging around in the Christmas decoration stashes this year I found a Christmas box from our last Club Christmas party held back in 2019 that had gotten put away with the other stuff! Inside of it were this group of castings that I picked up from other members who had set up as vendors before the Party started. I had picked up a Racing Champions Scooby Doo decorated Split Window, the then new HWs Legends Tour 2 Jet Z casting, a Johnny Lightning C5 and a HWs Split Window Bonus Car from the early 90s.

2019 14th Annual NTDCC Christmas Party Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,096 ·
We each received a Club Christmas car which was made from the 2018 Holiday Series Rapid Responder casting. Mrs Fox also received a free membership bonus prize IIRC for having the custom version with the white rubber tired wheel sets. We also received a presentation casting from another member in the form of a custom Lil Red Express pickup. The tissue wrapped casting is another RAOK from our GEMs customizer friend. It was a copper colored '62 Corvette he custom painted and wheel swapped for me.

2019 14th Annual NTDCC Christmas Party Club Cars and Member RAOKs
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2019 14th Annual NTDCC Christmas Party GEMs Custom RAOK
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,098 ·
Last Saturday; before the monthly diecast show started, I had arranged to pick up a group of older club castings from a new vender friend. He had 4 of them that had been given to club members before we had joined the club. Another of the HW Rapid Responsders I had just refound and two more of the Snoopy castings we already had with one having a different colored gift attached the back of the dog house.

NTDCC Cars Daniel
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
41,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 ·
1081 - 1100 of 1139 Posts