Hobbyist Forums banner
1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,061 · (Edited)
We went by the local Hobby Lobby after our Club meeting to return an item Mrs Fox had picked up for her Sister. Still no 40% off for one item coupon. But they have dozens and dozens of other coupon offers on line now. Didnt notice any section sale signs in the store - so maybe they figured to save staff time and bodies by doing them virtually now?

At least the new diecast item prices seem to be more reasonable to other locations - than the still higher price than other stores even with the 40% discount!

found another of the B&W Coca Cola Series and the new Black Bandit C8. I have also been waiting for the Corvette Wheel Set to come around!

20210830 Diecast Finds Hobby Lobby Greenlight Collectibles
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,062 ·
We also stopped by Big Lots! that afternoon after an early dinner and before Hobby Lobby. They are all in the same shopping center. They also had more HWs than MB but these MB were newer! Picked up the Banana Car - did you know this is an actual 1:1 custom build! Also found both versions of the MR2, a carded C8 and McLaren for me. Most of the others will go to other collectors at the upcoming toy shows if they still need them!

20210830 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
Our errand run also included Wal Mart of which I've noted elswhere that not a single carded HWs mainline was in sight! I did find another of the Crushed Car castings along with another pink casting Monster Truck. Another 914 and Jeep from Matchbox. The Jeep looks close to the National Parks castings color but doesnt have any apparent markings for it.

20210830 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,064 ·
Another August 2021 hunt at Target yielded another Corvette 5 Pack and few carded Hot Wheels including the new black Merc, another locomotive, the light blue Avant and 2 rally cars.

202108 Diecast Finds Target
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,067 ·
Some more Matchbox finds from the last days of August at a Kroger's. Where have the Hot Wheels gone.... Finds include an unmarked police car, fire engine, a really nicely liveried back hoe with awesome graphics and 2 Subarus! 🤙

202108 Diecast Finds Kroger
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,069 ·
Found these carded castings at the September North Dallas Toy Show. We have a regular customer looking for the Taxi castings and a new customer at the Arlington Show who collects any Land Rover. The 'Vettes are for my display. I will build another Rover 4 casting set with the new 2021 version and the National Parks Pickup will go into that collection of vehicles.

20210907a diecast uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,071 ·

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,074 ·
It has been awhile since I ran across a 3 pack with a Corvette inside. This one came from Target as well. It is marked Toy # K9054 and Fandom has them as 2021 castings. The package has some interesting graphics on the outside now as well - rather than just the plain blue backgrounds I remember . The 'Vette is a multi-pack exclusive for this year as are the Ratmobile and the P1, both of which are subsets of castings I accumulate. Are the 3 packs always exclusives?

20210917 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210917 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
20210917 Diecast Uploads by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210917 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,075 ·
Made an effort to gather together last weekends Aledo Toy Show finds for a more current finds photo. The Ford Race Team Set was a door prize, found the Greenlight for only $3.00 and the 007 Corvette for $5.00. And I traded another mail in car for the Cybertruck. The others were $1.00 finds from different tables.

20210918 Aledo Diecast Show Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
37,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,077 ·
We went for a short road trip and lunch with friends this past Saturday and I snicked in a few die cast hunt stops along the way!

Our local Love's truck stop didnt have any more Greenlights and the Dollar General on the way to lunch was virtually devoid of any Hot Wheels. But, I did pick up 2 Maisto 5 packs. One with the new C8 in a reddish orange color and seven other 1:1 models. I also found another Matchbox DBR1 and their P 38 Lightning from the Sky Busters line up.

20210925 Dollar General Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts