Hobbyist Forums banner

1001 - 1007 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Christian would be able to give you better answers on the things I'm guessing on. I don't know how much the extra fields are slowing things down, either. It might be insignificant right now, but as the database keeps growing in size (and hundreds of items are being added every day) any delays are going to add up.

I think as you use the site more it will become more intuitive. As you go through and add items to your collection you can look for errors to correct and new items to add. Do you want to take a stab at cleaning up 2 Jet Z? Might be a good place to dip your toes since we've talked about it a bit already.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
That is all on my list to talk with Christian about tomorrow.

You also made another one of my talking points - I dont want to be the person adding information! I want to be able to find the information already there. Click to add it to my collection and move on. As a collector I would only need a place to distinguish if the casting is different from a standard issue, the standard card for my own area around the world and whether or not is say - autographed. All of that needs to be in columns of data that are fixed and not changeable for the standard issue. Other columns for the individuals collection can be substituted for those web pages they (or others) will be seeing. And both can be accommodated with standardized options like standard, error, restored or custom to trigger the differing information points. That way you dont have a row for everyones individual casting of the same model.

I am sure it isnt (more hoping it isnt) but it almost seems as if every collectible item is listed on a single ledger sheet for the entire site to me at the moment!

Being intuitive and useble are to different factors though. It has gotten easier to move around the more I look around and after uploading a few items.

And they are not so much errors as different ways of inputting the data the each member has.

I purposely didnt clean up the 2 Jet Z so I could go over the questions I had about with them with Christian. I just picked a casting I knew didnt have to many entries already.

Reactions: canalnoises

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,003
Was out and about to get my 2nd Covid inoculation and did some peg hunting on the way out to TMS and back. One stop was at the fartheriest South Dollar General in town. Still nothing new but I did pick up another 1/2 dozen castings to go towards the 20 card backs and receipts for the current mail in. One of them was the 1st edition of the Roborace Robocar casting issued. The rest I will flip or trade with other collectors at our new toy show venue in Garland this coming Sunday.

20210406 Diecast Finds Dollar General
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,004
My first stop that morning was at the giant Kroger's Marketplace grocery store. Wasnt much new to see there and two stockers were filling the dump bins with castings from other stores. I find this 9 pack which was still on sale with a Caddy and a blue Plymouth inside. I may also keep the glass truck around the shop dios. I also found the recent blue GMC Syclone and the 4th version of the Roborace Racecar.

20210406 Diecast Finds Kroger
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
Another Kroger stop. Finally found the Valentines VW Bug! The tractor plow is an engine and wheel donor. I picked up the Firebird to maybe de tampo. I liked the bus colors and will test it out on the drag tracks. The GT and van are to flip or trade on Sunday as well.

20210406 Diecast Kroger Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006 (Edited)
I did make 2 stops and found some new castings at the Walmart down by the Speedway. The stocker was putting out new stuff but kind of slowed down as I was hanging around. I ended up going back after my shot and found some castings others had requested at last weeks Toy Show - normally they will have already found them on their own by the time this next show comes around though!!! I also ran into a fellow collector I had meet there before. He knows a lot of the vendors I know and plans to be there on Sunday for the new show venue in Garland.

I liked the brighter colors on the Minecart and the Blue and Orange of the R We There Yet? Also found the new Porsches and Nissan. Along with the Small Block and DOS castings. I wasnt sure if I already had the Retro Active but believe it is new as well. The new MB Ford Truck really looks nice!

20210406 Diecast Walmart Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210406 Diecast Walmart Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1001 - 1007 of 1007 Posts