Hobbyist Forums banner

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Very cool finds. I love that 5-pack! The Pony Trailer casting goes way back to the regular wheels era, although it's obviously been changed a fair bit since then.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #963 (Edited)
Yesterdays carded finds at the monthly Arlington Toy Show. The 5 Subaru castings are supposed to be give aways at their dealer ships. I also found 2 short carded Corvettes and the new silver MB DBR1. As I keep telling people- be patient and not pay the first available pricing - I finally found the Gotta Go chase piece from the Satin and Black Series. And a carded Factory Master set Bone Shaker for reasonable prices. I also picked up 3 more Master carded castings. And a new Lambo and Bentley from their store exclusive series. The other 2 Bone Shakers are a flat and semi gloss paint variation I didnt remember knowing about. I will have to check my other carded and loose Bone Shakers to see how many of them I actually already have!

2021 North Dallas Toy Show
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Reactions: canalnoises

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #964 (Edited)
The only 2 loose castings I found this past weekend. Neither are in the best of shape, but I rarely run across the basic wheel Hot Wheels Hi Raker version and if I remember correctly the 'top hat' hood tampo version of the Tomica 'Vette is the one from the play set available only at Sears department stores.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #966
These 2 carded Tiger Wheels castings were the best finds though. I may have seen them loose before and not noticed them but it is hard for me to pass up a Tiger image on anything and then I noticed the Tiger Wheels name and at only $3.00 for each one! Yes, please and thank you very much, sir!. They just barely fit in the generic protecto packs but that was my first task to do with them when I got back to our table. The RWB one has a yellowed blister but is minty fresh otherwise!

by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2021 North Dallas Toy Show by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I like those Subaru dealer castings. Any indicators of a manufacturer?

Those Tiger Wheels finds are awesome. I just learned about that brand the other day. Can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, haha. I looked on eBay and it seemed like they're usually in the $20-$30 range.

Nice finds all around!

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #968
Their history here is still in the ERTL section as they are the last reference for ownership and production before the name went away.

The Subaru's dont have a maker listed on the card or the base plate. Only made in China and the actual Subaru logo. The distributor is aero- pro out of New Hampshire. In looking at their site it seems they are also the designer and makers.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #970

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #971
Here is one of 2 calendars I found for $1.00 each. I was thinking of cutting them down to frameable image sizes or find a large enough frame to hold the calendar in various month displays that I can change up as I want. The first one is from 1999. It was made by At A Glance Hometown Graphics from images licensed from Tomarts Price Guide.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #973

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #974
This block set I found at a Krogers earlier this week. Hadnt run across them before, but it was a Bone Shaker model so I picked up one. I thought it was interesting that Mattel's only logo was on the back and some of the product information is in Russian Cyrillic. I will need to be on the look out for the Monster version of the Bone Shaker too!

2021 Mega Construx Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #975

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
We did some shopping and errands this weekend as well; which, included a few different extra stops for peg hunting. At Aldi I found this Camaro Monster Truck still in their shelf bins. Also saw some of the MB Hitch & Haul sets in another shelf tray, but they didnt have the no tools in the bed VW version at this location.

20210320 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #977
Found another Bolts Kit at Dollar Tree. This one has some different pieces in it and another curved nose piece. They also had some of these at 5 Below today. None that I didnt already have and they were just $1.00 each, but were on the $5.00 shelves. Picked up 2 more MBX road bike trailers and a red Maisto C8.

2021 Bolts Helicopter
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210320 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

961 - 980 of 1007 Posts