Hobbyist Forums banner

741 - 760 of 804 Posts

·
Administrator
28,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
Pickings from the pegs has been slow in my current diving bubble. Dug through one of those wire mesh BODs for these at a local Krogers. The MB was over on the toy shelves. Someone had taken the time to neatly stack them all the way to the bottom. Of course the top 5 or 6 layers are all jumbled again and some people had tried to pull individual regula casting cards through the mesh from different place on all four sides!!! The VW is one with just the blister portion left behind.

20200907 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
28,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #750 (Edited)
This past weekend, Mrs Fox and I ventured up and down Highway 377 on another burger run. Stops along the way include several Dollar Generals, a Dollar Tree and a couple of O'Reillys Auto stores on the way to Poor Boys and back home. Also the ubiquitous Wal Mart stop in Cross Roads.

At the Dollar Generals, I was on the look out for the Express Wheels play set that @canalnoises had found a few weeks ago. My interest in finding it was as a display platform and back ground for diecast photos. It wasnt until we were the fartherest away from home that they starting showing up! And I had to venture away from the diecast toy aisle to find them as well. When I did, I also found a Police themed set with a police patrol car casting included, but still opted for the auto shop for the photo back drops.

2020 Express Wheels Metro Town Play Set
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2020 Express Wheels Metro Town Play Set by Milton Fox, on Flickr

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

As you can see in the images above and below the base is pretty shiny and reflective inside and out. Might have to break out the dull coat to tone that down a bit. I may also add some of the road tape I found a few years back at Wal Mart as a paved surface on the roof and ramps. You can also see above that another even larger opening is found in the back wall of the elevated base.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

The 12 pieces included - counts the entire 24 individual stickers as one sheet, but not the big background. That you have to cut out of the back of the box. The graphics are nicely done though! I should als be able to use the portable signs and other pieces as shown and with different signage on the back side at other places in my other diorama buildings.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
28,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #752 (Edited)
One of my other finds was this 2012 Z06. The copyright date on it is from 2018. I first saw them at our first Dollar General stop but they had no 'Vettes on hand. Finally found this one at our next to the last DG stop during the afternoon. It is a very light pull back friction model and roughly 8" long and 3.5" wide so around 1:24 scale size. On all of them the Z06 emblem on the quarter panel was peeling off - just like this one. The box flap is sealed shut so hopefull it will hang on!

2020 XTR Toys Rev Rollers 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
28,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
This group also came from the same Walmart and an N case that was picked clean of all the other castings I was looking for. They were even an alsie over in the Monster Truck bins but it had been 2 days already. I did manage to find the brown Camaro, the green duck, the new Urus, a few of the Olympic recolors and the blue Corvette

20200924 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

741 - 760 of 804 Posts