Hobbyist Forums banner

721 - 740 of 808 Posts

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
Our outing included a trip by the nearest Wal Mart of course and as others are noting the pegs were essential bare, but I did find a couple of interesting MB and Jada The Flash 2009 Stingray Concept. The graphics fit the body nicely and compliment the beautiful red color they chose for it.

20200730 Wal Mart Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Awesome haul congrats. 👍

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #723
The pegs are still essentially bare at our local Wal Marts, but I am looking forward to the coming mixes in the HWs N P and Q 2020 cases! A friend also found the IWC Mercedes Race Team Hauler set for me but it hasnt arrived yet.

I did find this lone Hauler to add to the shop vehicles.

20200808 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
Been checking the pegs at Dollar Tree for their Suntoy made Greenbrier 3 packs and picked these two up. Along with a military set that has a different version of the 'Nissan' and a nice looking missle launcher. After making photographs looks like the missel might be removable and the launcher will elevate and pivot on its base. The same 2 mixes of the 3 car packs are still being distributed. The yellow Corvette may have a darker orange tinted window piece this time and I didnt notice that the green Mercedes had also transition to an orange tinted window late last year as well. I will need to check and see if the interior color changed in the 'Vette to make the window look darker this time.

2020 Greenbrier 3 Pack Cars
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2020 Greenbrier 3 Pack Cars by Milton Fox, on Flickr
2020 Greenbrier Military 2 Pack by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #725 (Edited)
I also found this peg of death survivor Camaro for the friend with the IWC Race Team set. He missed the silver version of it earlier this year. Notice the hole in the air intake for the peg bar. And I noticed the British Flag pattern in the side art of the Fish'd and Chip'd, which will also fit in the BW civilian thread.

20200808 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
20200808 Diecast Uploads by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #727 (Edited)
I meet up with a local diecast friend last week to pick up the IWC Race Team Set he had found for me and make a few other trades. Another diecast friend has a second one which I will open up later to better inspect the Mercedes. It is supposed to be a new casting with racing details and body design.

He also RAOKed me 2 Bone Shakers and a pink Bug for Mrs Fox. I also hadnt yet seen the new MB PD 'Vette. Or the Audi, Jag or Honda I traded for.

DSC_0645
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2020 Hot Wheels Premium Car Culture Team Transport Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Euro Hauler
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2020 Hot Wheels Premium Car Culture Team Transport Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Euro Hauler
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
Before we meet up at lunch time I hit a few places along the way. My first stop was a local Krogers. Not to much new stuff and now traces left of the most recent train of shippers. I did find another Mod Rod, the blue Ford pick up and 2 more of the Coronet PD cars.

20200814 Kroger Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
I missed my turn for the 1st Dollar General on my route and rather than turn around I decided to hit the Wal Mart instead. There I found the new Moving Parts Divco truck, 2 of the MG coupes, a black track pack and a wheel donor (honest) Monster Dairy Delivery truck from what I prefer to call the "SquareBob-SpongePants" line.

20200814 Walmart Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #731 (Edited)
My next planned stop was an O'Reilys to get a battery tested and next door was a Family Dollar. I dont usually stop there anymore because they hardly ever have anything on the pegs. This time I didnt even find any pegs! But on the way out I noticed a small HWs flat as I was going by the registers and at the back of a bunch of jumbled up cards was this black Chiron. Nice!

2020 Hot Wheels #89 Factory Fresh #7 Bugatti Chiron
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #733 (Edited)
The next Dollar General on the route had a lot of cars. With most, I already had seen. And had picked up the ones I wanted or knew my Toy Show customer following would be interested in. I did pick this really nice looking Maverick I hadnt seen before and I was pretty sure I didnt have the Aston either.

20200814 Dollar General Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #735 (Edited)
On to Kroger #3 for the day, there I meet a lady who was digging through the BODs looking for a shark mouth air plane her son had seen a few days before while shopping with his Grandmother. I helped her find some of the recent Nova's but we never found the plane casting. Based on her description I think it was the army green Bazoomka from 2019. Not to much I hadnt already seen here either but I did get the BMW Polizei car and the 2010 Chevy Impala

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
The next two stops on the peg hunting expedition was the 2 Dollar Trees in town. I was on a mission for another diecast friend to find $THs and id cars as they were restocking the pegs that day. The first store had empty HW pegs, no cases on the carts in the aisles and supposedly no new stock to put out had been delivered. The second location also had nearly empty pegs and no carts anywhere to be seen but two stockers actively putting out new stuff elsewhere. The first one, said to me - when I asked about new cases of Hot Wheels "Oh! Are you the Hot Wheels guy?" and since I did collect Hot Wheels, I told her "Yes, that's me!"

She asked me to wait there and eventually came back with 4 unopened cases! She told me that I didnt have to - but I ended up hanging all 4 cases on the pegs for them. No Supers or ids did I find though. But I did find 2 rTH and a few more castings. I probably should have gotten the white 50th Annivesary Nissan cars as well. But I already had a few of them and left the 4 I did unpack for others to find. I ended up finding 6 other cars for their customers while I was there! Two were hunting for their husbands and one for their son. I have only ever opened just one other case in all my collecting years so far. Only got the rTH back then as well IIRC.

The Thomas engine will go with my railroad HWs. And I think I still needed the red Subaru for my collection. The Nova and tooned Chevy I will pass on to others. I believe the Velocita is the last Olympic car I need to complete that set.

20200814 Dollar Tree Case Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
20200814 Dollar Tree Case Finds by Milton Fox, on Flickr
20200814 Dollar Tree Case Finds by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #737 (Edited)
Needless to say I was running late for my lunch meet up with my friend. But he was running late to, so I was able to do a bit of peg hunting at the Walmart we were meeting up at.

There I found a larger sized Bone Shaker in yellow, some more black track packs and two of the new Custom Ottos, while I waited for him to arrive. The black Porsche has some interesting graphics on it, as does the Humvee. The NSX has the Ryula Race track layout on the door; which, always interests me when I find one. First one I can remember on a diecast, though! The Jeep with the 2 bikes are always interesting as cargo payloads. Also found the green main line Bone Shaker. And the new Off Road Erikenstein truck. That one is pretty cool looking!

20200814 Wal Mart Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
20200814 Wal Mart Diecast Finds by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #738 (Edited)
After lunch, trading and shop talk, I had time for one more stop before I had to pick up Mrs Fox for our date night dinner. So I by passed my other friend - who was still waiting at a Dollar Tree near him - for their truck to unload. And headed to the newest Kroger store in our area.

It's the biggest big box store I have ever been in! Easily 2 Wal Mart Super Centers and a Kroger Super Center combined together in size!!!! I must have walked past everything but washers and dryers and they probably had them somewhere else I didnt see!

They also had all brands of diecast currently available in our area. Some of it must have been hanging since they opened though. I grabbed a few Power Grabs ,as most of it I had already seen before. I will need to go back though to give a closer look behind the front hanging diecasts and check prices closer.

by Milton Fox, on Flickr

721 - 740 of 808 Posts