Hobbyist Forums banner

661 - 680 of 706 Posts

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
At Dollar General the die cast pegs were full this time and I picked up a few more Zoom Ins and a couple of other fantasy castings to test out on the drag tracks. Another tow truck. Most of the others are wheel donors or Snoopy driver figure donors. The Zoom Ins and Dragon Fly are all short cards. The Porsche goes with my other 917 models and the Skyline to another collector.

DSC_0675
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
As part of my stay at home activities this Spring, I have been working on sortng and cataloguing the back log of accumulations from previous toys shows. I know this group of loose castings came from one of the North Dallas Toy Show events but have lost track of which month it was.

20200421 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #665 (Edited)
Here they are staging for track testing at the gravity tracks. To the far left are two premium NASCAR racers. Up front are 2 1960s Lesneys, a Halloween themed Matchbox Corvette, a Yatming Firebird and a Kidco '53 Corvette Roadster. Two more Corvettes are in the middle to the right of the Greenlight Firebird and the Sheriffs Patrol HWs with the tan interior. The white one is a representation of the rear engined wankel powered concept 'Vette and the multicoloed ZEE split window I have been chasing for awhile. The NISSAN 350Z is a drift racer with both Racing Champion and ERTL logos on the base. On the back row is Maisto Spiderman C4, a HWs C6R, an (exCorgi) HWs Porsche, a Road Champs Dr Pepper Nissan racer and a VW Porsche 914 by Playart. Most of them did not do that well on the downhills but represent their brands pretty well.

20200421 MFR Race Box
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
I've been chasing this factory prepared Zee split window for awhile now as it is a very hard to find version. From what I remember about it - it is a white painted body that was then tampoed (?) in yellow and then spray painted (or air brushed) in green,blue and then orange.

20200421 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Zee P364 '63 Corvette
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
I cant find the thread or remember who was asking for id help on a casting with this type base detail the other day. I hadnt catalogued mine it at the time but their photo doesnt (didnt) have the Yatming name but had the same type of exhaust and drive train details. Along with the rear leaf springs and front A arms details. The strange build factor about these though is that Yatming first made castings with plastic bases and then switched to using bare metal in their 2nd or 3rd generation of production before later on changing back to plastic bases again.

Yatming #1085 Firebird
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
Mrs Fox and I ventured out early Friday morning last week and I did see peg hunting.

At Dollar General I added some card backs for the VW Panel mail in. Found 2 of the exclusive colors and 2 of the FTM. Also the first time I have seen the Pearl and Chrome on the local pegs. It was nice to see all the shelves neatly arranged, nothing on the floor and the smell of disinfectant use!

20200425 Diecast Dollar General Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

At Dollar Tree I had to wait in line for the first time to go into a store. They only allowed 10 customers in the store at a time and I could see 4 staff working, but I still had to wait in line to check out! Found a new Mini Cooper, 2 Alfas, a BMW, and 2 other Things all by MB.

20200425 Diecast Uploads Dollar Tree
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

We also stopped by Walgreens to pick up Rx refills and I found another pink/purple I Believe and an earlier Zoom In in green.

20200425 Diecast Walgreens Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
It's Tuesday Taco Day and I went peg hunting again. Still needed a few more HW's to close out the last mail in group from Dollar General. Found a black and red VW hauler and few more Matchbox for the customs shop.

20200428 Diecast Dollar General Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Mrs Fox needed to stop by Krogers for Kitty supplies and I found a couple of boxes of new Power Grabs and 5 of the new MB candy series.

20200428 Diecast Kroger Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
Thanks! No ideal on why 'Power Grabs' were used. The first ones issued came in those pillow packs that Hot Wheels still uses for their Mystery Series. I am glad they changed over to the boxes though. 🤙

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
This group of accumulations is from the February North Dallas Toy Show. I finally had found one of the Lamely Leaks MB Raptor. A few Corvettes for the new wall dispaly and the rest to pass along to other customers.

20200201 North Dallas Toy Show Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

A better view of the 5 loose ones. A JL Pace Car in Purple. A HWs C3. Another HWs C3 Color Shifters. BWF HWs GTO wagon with a pup in the back and a likely Summer GTO.

[/url
url=https://flic.kr/p/2j3uBZ5]20200201 North Dallas Toy Show Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

661 - 680 of 706 Posts