Hobbyist Forums banner

641 - 660 of 706 Posts

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
Same loose cars with the boxed and carded ones. I think the G Machine is the last Corvette version I needed to find for that series. Another photo dio from Motormax. Found another Valentines 5 pack with a Corvette at the top. I think I finally found a dark red C7R but not the Spectraflame version and another Galaxy 500.

20200215 Dusty Attic Toy Show Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Last weekend we went antiquing with friends. Found more items filling the shelves that we remembered from not only our grandparents and our parents home. But this time even some items from our own early dorms, apartments and homes!!!

Also found some die cast cars at one or two places. Most of them suffered from displaced wheels at one or both ends. And they all need a bath!

Also found a cute polar bear! He needs a bath too!

20200222 Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
The 1:64 die cast includes 3 Maistos - the white Mercedes, red Porsche and green Trabant. The half track is from Zylmex. The G Force Porsche is from a set only and along with the F40 and Corvette roadster are both Hot Wheels. The police van is a made in Chine casting and the 2 NASCAR racers are the first EPI made castings I have run across.

url= https://flic.kr/p/2iywy6p Diecast Finds[/url] by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #646 (Edited)
Havent made a Highway 377 run in awhile but did one this past Saturday. There were 3 more Dollar Generals and a new O'Reillys along the way. The Maisto and top row of Hot Wheels in the back are all short cards. On top of the center Matchbox stack is a new wheels set and darker red Bburago 1:43. The Barbie looks close enough in scale to maybe fit a 1:24 dio or even 1:12. If anything though, I can use the microphone stand for those open mike nights at shop events. And the 5 packs were discounted on the shelf by almost a dollar, but 1/2 price at the check out counter. (y)

377 Run Finds by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #647 (Edited)
I picked these up from the new O'Reillys. You could still smell the lime from the foundation pour and the wood of the new wall build inside.

The premium was very close to the new Walmart price and the truck was just hung that morning according to the counter man.

I also picked up a few more examples of the Caddy at the other locations, too

?

The HWs and MBs were of course almost twice the price of most other locations. (n)

377 Run Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Just a few finds at last weekends toy show. Finally some 1:64 shop pieces that will make a good start to filling out the dioramas. The Gulf 'Vette was an RAOK from a friend who won it as a door prize. The green 'Vette was another RAOK from another collector friend. The loose 'Vettes all came from my primary vendor source at this show. And the other carded ones came at of the $1.00 bin at our next table over - including some skull wheels and the Banshee short card.

20200307 Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #651 (Edited)
Re discovered these loose cars in a storage box again. Pretty sure they are a group from a 2019 Red Oak Toy Show but not sure which month it was. I havent been able to identify where the purple baggied Speed A Saurus came from. The purple versions were issued both in 1995 and 1997. The blue Vairy 8 is the first HW Corvair casting I can remember picking up before. The paint description is flat blue but it feels like hard suede. The red Javelin is an exclusive version from a 2014 multi pack. The Mach 5 is a Tomica brand casting. I also havent been able to identify who made the International Harvester tractor - it has a CMW copyright label on the base though. The Rat Bomb turned out to be a rTH. The red racer is a very nice Tintoys brand. None of them did well on the gravity tracks though.

20200411 Diecast Uploads
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
Like everyone else, Mrs Fox and I havent been getting out much and when we do the pickings are pretty slim. I did find find this Matchbox 5 pack and 2 Power Grabs on our last grocery shopping trip to Krogers last week.

20200407 Kroger Diecast Finds
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
Yes me and my mom are doing alright were healthy and safe. Happy Easter milton congrats. 👍I'm glad I have been picking the right cars to win the races lately also. 👍

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
We didnt make it out and about in time for other errands on Taco Tuesday so we went back early Wednesday morning for shopping.

At the Family Dollar I found one zoom in to try out on the gravity track and then found a shelf flat up by the service counters. There I found two more skull wheel donors and another Grand Sport for the display.

DSC_0775
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

641 - 660 of 706 Posts