Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

You gotta love the Lotus Eleven. Fully loaded, it weighed about 1000 pounds. It won its class at the 24 hours of LeMans in 1956, and piloted by Sirling Moss (of Aurora Tjet fame ;)) set world speed records at Monza. And now, MEV has one to fit the tjet!

Too bad the stock tjet chassis makes it look like the Lotus Eleven Off-Road.

Some of you may see where I'm going with this . . .

Mark :wave:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
One! two! three! NOT IT!!!

....And now, MEV has one to fit the tjet!

Too bad the stock tjet chassis makes it look like the Lotus Eleven Off-Road.

Some of you may see where I'm going with this . . .

Mark :wave:
Thats what they call fitting a t-jet ???:freak:

If any one can smoosh that thing down to anything resembling reality...your it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lower lotus

It obviously needs some detailing, and I'm going to try to vacuform a windshield for it. But already I can say it turned out maybe better than expected. :)

Mark

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
WOW!!! If this beast is really real...

...and riding on a MOTORIZED chassis now, then you´re the REAL KING OF LOWERING! Any pics of the chassis (if it´s not only a T-Jet minus gearplate...)??? :rolleyes:

Sorry for sounding so sceptical, but I once tried to bring down a couple T-Jets the "Bill-Hall-way", but ended up converting one of my best chassis to a mediocre cruiser. :drunk: Looked much better, but I decided to let my other MEV racers left untouched then...

Mark, if this cool Lotus is real, I´m really eager to know how you did it! :eek:

Best regards ´n greetings from Germany,

Claus

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Fantastic lowering job, the car really looks Great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Would sure appreciate knowing the techique. ..RL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, guys! It's especially nice to get comments from those whose work I have admired for so long.

Heh heh, yes, it's real Claus. Going the push car route would have been too easy. I'm away from home this weekend, but I'll take some chassis pics and post them when I return. If you want to get a head start on how I did it though, check out the Dino and the Batmobile. The Lotus is most closely related to the Batmobile, though there are a few more tweeks that make it unique. And one in particular that allowed some additional, er, smooshing. :)

Mark

·
Registered
864 Posts
Lowering tjet chassis can be done quite easy, I fitted nicely my ferrari 250gto modifiying the chassis and the body too (with dremel) :

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
What's 1/16th "??? Not that much until you look at things in scale... In HO scale 1/16th" = about 6" of 1:1 space. When coupled with a regular post trimming of another 1/16th you're looking at about 1 scale foot of drop, which is HUGE!! I've admired your work for a while now Mark, mostly thanks to Bill Hall cluing me in. The Porsche and Bat mobile were buried in the great HT library and unseen by me until he pointed them out. I've hacked at a few chassis myself, but nowhere near to the extremes you have accomplished. I do want to try your methods myself one of these days, probably going the Bat mobile chassis route. There's some serious engineering going on there.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts

It obviously needs some detailing, and I'm going to try to vacuform a windshield for it. But already I can say it turned out maybe better than expected. :)

Mark
You should change your name to WOWyang!! That drop is crazy kewl. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bob...loving it...zilla

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Ya see...I'm a lazy hack....I move the axle centers up.

"Wowyang" moves the entire chassis down methodically and painstakingly in ways that make my head hurt just thinking about it.

Cant wait to see the new bits of voodoo he's come up with..
That aint no pancake. He's hiding something....I'll bet it's a Crepe.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts