Hobbyist Forums banner

Metal wheels

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  micyou03 
#1 ·
These are for Tyco. I;m not ready to sell these yet, not least I have to get some fronts made.

The plan is to offer other styles in due course. I know I cannot sell via this forum so PM me if interested...

Deane

See less See more
#6 ·
I now have sets for Tomy, Tyco and X-traction. the Tyco rears will fit any 1.5mm axle, and the XT/Tomy ones any 1.6mm axle. All three front types are for 1.2mm axles and therefore interchangable.

The rears are all a tight fit, so a wheel press is a good idea. I also found placing the wheel on piece of cloth for protection and then using a pin hammer gently did the trick. Next time I mount some I'm going to remove the crown gear as it makes things akward, press the wheels on, and then pull apart and rebuild. Or I might try and find some 1.5mm and 1.6mm rod to press through the wheels and save stripping axles.

I'm not quite ready to sell these yet, working out the final details. Who wants to see pictures?

#10 · (Edited)
$11, right. I'm guessing $5 shipping until I get more experienced sending such light items and keeping the box small.

I have a few now but I expect them all to be gone by the weekend to my club guys. Turnaround on a new batch is probably going to be a month I would hope.....

Bear in mind my comments about fitting the rears. Also, you might want to crop the axles with the dish being so deep (but looking very good) they poke through.

#25 ·
I have been using AL wheels on my 1/43rds that are a slip fit. I just putthem on and position them where I want them and drop a drop of CA around the axle hole and they are perfectly true and hold great. To get them off I just heat them with a lighter then wrap a paper towel around the hot rim and pull. I can reuse them sfter this too. The only time I have a problem is when I had a burr on my axle and the wheel got really stuck and when I finally got it off I couldn't mount it true again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.