Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are for Tyco. I;m not ready to sell these yet, not least I have to get some fronts made.

The plan is to offer other styles in due course. I know I cannot sell via this forum so PM me if interested...

Deane

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have sets for Tomy, Tyco and X-traction. the Tyco rears will fit any 1.5mm axle, and the XT/Tomy ones any 1.6mm axle. All three front types are for 1.2mm axles and therefore interchangable.

The rears are all a tight fit, so a wheel press is a good idea. I also found placing the wheel on piece of cloth for protection and then using a pin hammer gently did the trick. Next time I mount some I'm going to remove the crown gear as it makes things akward, press the wheels on, and then pull apart and rebuild. Or I might try and find some 1.5mm and 1.6mm rod to press through the wheels and save stripping axles.

I'm not quite ready to sell these yet, working out the final details. Who wants to see pictures?

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
mememememememememememememe and right NOW! lol great news dean lets see them...

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
More Pics of new rims.

These are looking good Dean!!! Nice work..What are the release dates for these?
Are the prices still the projected $11.00 a set? no mater which make?

Coach

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
$11, right. I'm guessing $5 shipping until I get more experienced sending such light items and keeping the box small.

I have a few now but I expect them all to be gone by the weekend to my club guys. Turnaround on a new batch is probably going to be a month I would hope.....

Bear in mind my comments about fitting the rears. Also, you might want to crop the axles with the dish being so deep (but looking very good) they poke through.

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Thats great Dean much better price then I expected too, let us know when you have enough in stock I want to get some sets to dress up some fugglys I have here...

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I see no set screws to lock them into place Deane,how many times are you expecting to mount /dismount them before the metal changes shape and the hole gets too sloppy to mount them to an axle,or are you hoping nobody dismounts them

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess that they will come off and on a few times OK. Set screw wheels I hope to do at some point but at the moment it is only a hope not a certainty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts