Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I have a friend who had a Torino that looked kind of like that, for a few minutes anyhow... Then the fire department arrived. If you've ever seen "The Big Lebowski", think of The Dude's Torino in the bowling alley scene near the end of the film. My friend's name is Jeff Lebowski (REALLY!), so he wanted to build a clone of his namesake's movie car. Life imitated fiction.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Flambe Merc ray

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, toasty! The Street Freaks BWFs are getting harder and harder to come by. If you get bitten by the BWF bug, especially the JL BWFs, you'd better buckle down and prepare for an exciting (and exasperating) ride. A list of JL BWFs existed at one time - it was pre 40th Anniversary / Forever 64 / 2.0. I know I've kept current with all of the JL BWFs but I haven't updated "The List" in a long time.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, toasty! The Street Freaks BWFs are getting harder and harder to come by. If you get bitten by the BWF bug, especially the JL BWFs, you'd better buckle down and prepare for an exciting (and exasperating) ride. A list of JL BWFs existed at one time - it was pre 40th Anniversary / Forever 64 / 2.0. I know I've kept current with all of the JL BWFs but I haven't updated "The List" in a long time.
One day the JL BWF guys will be a select few, and all the extra cars will be detampoed! You had better get yours now before it's all too late, my children. Hop aboard this train. Save yourselves (and some swell flamed vehicles) while you still can!!!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
There are only 96 of these. If you are a completist, you have your work cut out for you.
Once again, congratulations Robert, for landing one of these at this year's CARnival. :woohoo: :hat:

courtesy jlcollector.net

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
CARnival was very good my flamey side this year...as was Nick. And somehow that statement just doesn't look quite right on the page, does it?

Ahem...scooting right by those words only a BWF collector can utter and get away with, all I need now is that Camaro with the horse shoe tampo and I can pretty much call myself a completist in this area. Unless you count all the WLs and potential wheel variations!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
This was one of three models by ILUM Creations in their "Horse Power" promotion to raise funds for unwanted and abused horses. The other 2 are gray and white versions. I think they were initially offered as a set of 3 before becoming available as singles. I debated getting all 3 but I was only really interested in the BWF version.

courtesy jlcollector.net

And then there is this very special edition that the Johnny Jam Crew had done by Milezone's to present to the CARnival Crew a few years back....

We detampoed the ILUM Creations logo on the roof and had Russ tampo the new design. The "chicken" is actually an old creation of Nick's!:p

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I have the CARnival version...which is almost nicer minus the horseshoe tampo. But fingered I would get the tampoed horse power version just to have everything as it was originally. Seems to be pretty hard to find, or I'm just not having much luck. It'll turn up at some point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts