Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the most recent addition to my collection of trucks. It's produced by Hongwell with metal cab/chassis and dump body and has superb detail. Now I just need to open up a space on the shelf for it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It snowed in Sweden

This UNIMOG is made by Cararama, but is not nearly as detailed. i thought Hongwell made these also.

The blade and rear platform are plastic.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Karl-

I have the same Unimog 400 plow truck that you have. I came across the dump truck a year or so later and couldn't believe the difference in detail quality. It seems as though the whole Schuco/Hongwell/Cararama group is in constant flux and Hongwell will soon be appearing under again a different name. I have several Cararama pieces in my collection and they are of varying detail.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whether old design or new, I think that Unimogs are cool. The first one I ever saw was about 45 years ago. It belonged to a friend of my dad and I got to climb all over it and spent the afternoon riding around in it. The owner was a photographer for National Geographic, used it as his portable office and home and had driven it (and had it shipped) all over the world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts