Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are both very nice castings of the Mercedes Benz CLS. The Siku version is way more detailed than the Matchbox version; it has opening doors, detailed rims with rubber tires, & clear plastic insert lights. The only downside to the Siku version is that it's slightly bigger than 1/64, and the sunroof is in the closed position. The Matchbox has the open sunroof, but the rims are not realistic, and it has no opening parts.

This is the Mercedes Benz S500. The Siku version has plastic insert lights, opening doors, a beautiful chrome-like paint job, & two piece detailed wheels. Again, I wish the sunroof was not in the closed position on the Siku version, and that it was open like the Matchbox version. Also, the Siku version is slightly bigger in scale than the Matchbox. The Matchbox though, has the unrealistic rims and no opening parts, but still a nice car.

Overall, I do like the Siku castings better since they are much more detailed, but they are barely obtainable in the US unless you resort to the internet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I try to keep stock at level on these 'recent' Siku's.

They are indeed very nice, they become better and better with each new release. Wait till you see the news for 2007! Lots of Audi's.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
You have to admit that all of a sudden MB has released some nice European cars. The VW GTI, The Porsche Cayannes, the Audi/Mercedes Wagons are sharp. I love station wagons (I drive a Passat Wagon VR6 4-Motion) and it's been a buying fest for me lately with these new MB european releases. Can't wait for the MB British release of the double decker bus.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have acouple Siku Mercedes, I have the New SLK 350 And matchbox has not done one yet. I have a Audi A4 Cabrio that i have yet to see... And i know they have the BMW 545i That i still need to get.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check out my website, you'd be surprised by the number of cars available!
www.tinytoycars.com

·
Registered
896 Posts
Cool...haven't seen the Siku CLS yet... I have their recent S-class and SL, SLK..the CLS is probably my favorite current 1:1 MB...love the shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.