Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rotary powered experimental car.

A Minichamps model released about 4 years ago.

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
One of the all-time greats. A virtually perfect car. I still wonder why Daimler-Benz didn't put it into production (with or without the Wankel rotary engine - a nice V8 would've been fine with me in that bodystyle.)

And of course, Minichamps Rules - Thanks for the great photos, Steve!!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Another great model Steve!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It's cool, how the design still looks fresh and sleek today (for a car older than 30 years), and that orange color looks great too. There were more concepts of this car, does Minichamps make only one version, or more of them?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superbird77 said:
It's cool, how the design still looks fresh and sleek today (for a car older than 30 years), and that orange color looks great too. There were more concepts of this car, does Minichamps make only one version, or more of them?
'Tis a great car. As far as I know this is the only C111 that Minichamps have made - a limited edition of 9,999 in a display box.

Steve

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Didn't want to open another thread, so I will add some photos here.

I finally found some time to photograph a few models. This one was certainly a pleasant surprise from Minichamps. It's a great casting with lots of details and a crisp paint. Engine cover opens and reveals a very detailed and wired (!) rotary engine. That's not an everyday feature in 1/43 scale.

The wheels could be better though. I'm not sure what is it...maybe they look too plasticky. And Mercedes stars on front/back are only tampos, too bad they didn't use photo-etched parts. But yeah, nitpicking again. :p Great model all in all!

Oh yes, as you can see in one picture, my model arrived without driver's rear-view mirror sticker. :cry:

Nicely detailed engine:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Knowing Mercedes and having owned a few sedans, I can't even imagine how one of these must drive....wow.

Great model!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great models of one of the most memorable conceptcars in history!
As always I'm torn and can't decide what models I like the most; the faboulous realism in the "new" or the charm of the vintage toy :freak:

Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great models of one of the most memorable conceptcars in history!
As always I'm torn and can't decide what models I like the most; the faboulous realism in the "new" or the charm of the vintage toy :freak:

Karl-E. Denmark
For those of us who grew up with opening hoods,doors or trunks, modern collectables which lack these features tend to be very far behind vintage in the desirablity stakes:wave:

·
Registered
306 Posts
For those of us who grew up with opening hoods,doors or trunks, modern collectables which lack these features tend to be very far behind vintage in the desirablity stakes:wave:
That's another issue. IMHO the opening parts from the 60s and early 70s made the toys more fun to play with, but it did not add to the realism at all. :cool:

Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Well in a way opening parts added to the realism because that's what real cars did,
but at the same time, the gaps were allways so far off they didn't look real in that respect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts