Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a name for the Japanese version of "Luft '46"?

This is Meng's little jewel of a kit of the proposed Mansyu Ki-98 interceptor. VERY nice kit, with great fit, clever interlocking parts, and decent detail. Basic cockpit, but only a 1-piece closed canopy is included. Good decals with a very matte finish, that respond to Micro Set just fine.

After the primer, I gave it a base coat of ModelMaster aluminum. Then I sprayed the green topcoat, trying to be heavy at the seams but lighter mid-panel to show some variation. Didn't photograph so well. The paint chips are real - I picked them out one by one with a sharp X-Acto.

Looking for good stuff from this new company. So far so good!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I really don't know much about WWII Jap aircraft and have never seen this plane before. I really like it! Pretty dang cool. I have the Hasegawa 1:72 push/pull aircraft (don't recall what they are called) and this would make a nice companion to them.

John, where did you purchase this kit? I couldn't find it.

Your paint job is spot on too. Keep up the good work!

hal9001-

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aaaaand my web host is down. Again.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay! I whined enough on their tech support voice mail.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Meng makes some neat stuff. I just finished their Alkett Minenraumer mine clearing tank. Their product line is small but diverse. I believe Stevens International is going to start importing their kits to the US so availability will be better. I got my kit from Lucky Models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts