Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received some more bad news for J/L collectors.Meijers has stopped handling the Johnny Lightning brand.If the way I am reading the answer to my question RC2 is no longer making them.RC2 better get the word out to their buyers if they want to keep the line going.Here is the info that I received from Meijers.

Hello Don,

I have received the buyer's reply regarding the Johnny Lightning die cast and wanted to forward it to you.

Thanks again for writing and if you have additional questions, please
don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a good weekend.

Help jm
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Fri 3/16/2007 10:53
To: MeijerHelpDesk
Subject: RE: PPA

We are not carrying the Johnny Lightning line any longer because the vendor (RC2) is no longer producing this line. Hope that helps.

Will Stephens

Toys Buyer / Merchandiser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 4:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: PPA

HI Don,

Thanks for writing. I will forward your question to the buyer.

All the best and thanks for shopping at Meijer!

Help jm
[email protected]

Sent: Thu 3/15/2007 17:54
To: MeijerHelpDesk
Subject: PRD:pPA

3327 Shoshone Drive
Grandville, Mi 49418

Unit Location - #221

Comments:
Have you stopped handling the Johnny Lightning diecast line?I haven't seen anything new in about 4 months.I would like to know if I should continue to watch for them or if you are no longer carrying them.
Thanks.

:confused:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Apparently Wal Mart, Toys R Us, various Hobby Shops and OLDs across the U.S., Canada, and even Australia have not gotten the word from RC2 yet? ;)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Apparently Wal Mart, Toys R Us, various Hobby Shops and OLDs across the U.S., Canada, and even Australia have not gotten the word from RC2 yet? ;)
Thats what I was thinking...but be sure to add Philippines to that list :)

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Thy never had the new releases (at least around here).

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Why can't RC2 deal with all retailers? What kind of business would limit thier distribution to only 2 reatailers,the Canooks, a third world country and the land down under?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts