Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a decent Speed Burners collection and always looking to pick up some odds and ends. Not something a lot of collectors are currently picking up but they are a nice line of friction cars with a cool look. Anyone else collecting them?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I find them interesting. I have one nice set with two cars and 5 or 6 loose cars that I have picked up here and there. Not a collecting priority, but something different to add once in a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not something alot of people collect. Mego was more known for their dolls, errr, i mean "action figures". Some of the rarer ones are commanding good money so i figure someone out there collects be it diecast people or mego people.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I see a few in the pictures that also live in my collection. I don't think that I had seen any boxed ones before. Very nice!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Not something alot of people collect. Mego was more known for their dolls, errr, i mean "action figures". Some of the rarer ones are commanding good money so i figure someone out there collects be it diecast people or mego people.

Wow....

Ok, I like these. I have a few (just picked up the green van last Sunday at the Rack & Que Billiards Diecast show. Looks like I have a ways to go getting the rest. Thanks for posting the photo.

Question - so these are friction cars? I always thought they ran on batteries...

Yes, I remember Mego quite well with the very cheesy Saturday morning TV ads. Superhero dolls, Planet of the Apes dolls and "Action Jackson" (their ripoff of GI Joe).

And of course Jet Wheels...:cool:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow, the green and silver vans are REALLY cool looking!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow....

Ok, I like these. I have a few (just picked up the green van last Sunday at the Rack & Que Billiards Diecast show. Looks like I have a ways to go getting the rest. Thanks for posting the photo.

Question - so these are friction cars? I always thought they ran on batteries...

Yes, I remember Mego quite well with the very cheesy Saturday morning TV ads. Superhero dolls, Planet of the Apes dolls and "Action Jackson" (their ripoff of GI Joe).

And of course Jet Wheels...:cool:
Yeah, they are friction cars which is a type i like to collect. Like the fact they self propel. Seems most of the big companies had a line of friction 1/64 cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts