Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
house of carters

last night was there first show ... any1 watched it? it has a lot of fighting nick carter and his brother and sister are on this show... :thumbsup: :cool: :wave:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Plot Outline: Reality series following Backstreet Boy star Nick Carter, his younger brother, Aaron, and their three sisters as they live together and plan their futures.

Yup, I can guarentee I'll never be watching this......

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Its really sad that TV shows like this exist.

Why should I care about watching someone elses contrived life.
These shows came about from an actors strike a few years ago when producers had to put something on TV, hence 'Survivor'. They realized that most people would watch ANYTHING, and they [the producers] thought, 'why do I have to put all this money into building sets and a team of writers etc, when all I have to do is to hire a few cameramen to follow some smoes doing whatever.'

They are certainly cheaper to produce than any other type of TV show and that brings a better return from advertising dollars.

Putting your time into a show that actually took a little effort to make and makes you think is far more rewarding.
ooops, did I say that out loud.

Sounds good, I'll try and check it out sometime.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
ClubTepes said:
Its really sad that TV shows like this exist.

Why should I care about watching someone elses contrived life.
These shows came about from an actors strike a few years ago when producers had to put something on TV, hence 'Survivor'. They realized that most people would watch ANYTHING, and they [the producers] thought, 'why do I have to put all this money into building sets and a team of writers etc, when all I have to do is to hire a few cameramen to follow some smoes doing whatever.'

They are certainly cheaper to produce than any other type of TV show and that brings a better return from advertising dollars.

Putting your time into a show that actually took a little effort to make and makes you think is far more rewarding.
Obviously some people don't get the artistry and creativity required to make a Supernanny,5th wheel, Cheaters, Growing up Gotti or Flavor of Love. And I have no idea why the rest of the world thinks we're all gluttonous wasteful immoral idiots that will do anything to get on TV.

But heck, if a ex-Backstreet Boy is involved, I'm sure this particular reality show is a class production :freak:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts