Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4564 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think it's about time to get this thing kicked off!!!!

Check out: www.medinarcraceway.com for more details!

Mapquest:

699 Bowman lane
Medina, Ohio

This will get you within 1/4 mile of the track. Just continue on Bowman until you see the drivers stand and you're there!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
***************Announcement!!!***************

2007 was a great year for Medina R/C Raceway. We were very blessed to have great turnouts and awesome racers! However, Tina and I have decided to step down as the race directors. My job has begun increasing my hours as well as sending me out of town more often. This change started late last season and it began to take its toll on me/us very quickly. After the season was over, Tina and I sat down and weighed all the options and we came to the conclusion that it would be best to look for someone to take over the races. I immediately contacted the people I thought would be the most likely candidates for the job and we began negotiations to make the transition. Those people are Eric Clark, Bryan Thomas, Brian Hess and Papa Packard. They are going to be building, maintaining and running the track.

During the negotiation process, the city came out and inspected the power and lighting since it was never inspected when it was installed many years ago. And, well....it failed miserably! This put a huge damper on moving the track forward. The city took from the middle of November until yesterday to determine what repairs would be needed. To be honest, for a while it looked like we might have to close the track altogether. But Eric, Bryan, Brian and Papa were able to come to an agreement with the city and I am now pleased to announce there WILL be racing!!!! Make no mistake, these guys put a lot of time and energy into ensuring everyone would have a track to race on. Without this effort, we all would have to find someplace else to race. Thanks for all your hard work guys!

They will be filling everyone in on how they plan to move the track forward VERY soon. Again, much time and effort has gone into this process. Tina and I feel they will be able to build upon the foundation we put in place. I am sure they are excited to fill everyone in. Things will change, but I think that the changes they are making will really help the racers feel more a part of the track and where it is heading. I will let them fill in the details for you.

Tina and I would like to take this time to thank EVERYONE for all the help, encouragement and support over the season and a half we were involved. Without you guys and gals, Medina R/C Raceway would not be where it is today! Please join us in welcoming the "new crew"! Well...not so new, but you get the idea.

Guys, take it away!

Chris and Tina

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
LET me be the first to thank chris and tina for what they have done for the track and us during the past year.
Now with the new details on the track.. Upon further review of myself , brian hess, papa , and eric clark we have made the decision to make our track a club , with a similar feel to it as CRCRC . This will bring a benefit for all people whom become members .. I.E. cheaper race fees , voting privaleges , volunteer jobs and most importantly an influence on where our track is headed for the future..
There will be a clear list of rules and regs that we have implemented for a “start” which will be changed as necessary with the clubs direct influence… These rules will be uploaded to www.medinarcraceway.com
This IS still goin to be the official website for updates and results …
Soon we will have a online sign-up for people to become members with clear details on what each membership entitles you to.
We have a rough schedule for the year in the final stages now and WILL BE POSTED BY SUNDAY THIS WEEKEND!
:wave:
B

·
Registered
617 Posts
Chris thanks for the hard work. There are big shoes to fill, and I'm sure the new crew will do a good job. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Stoffer said:
Chris thanks for the hard work. There are big shoes to fill, and I'm sure the new crew will do a good job. :thumbsup:

I will 2nd that, but I better add Tina. I want more brownies!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
676 Posts
NO MORE BROWNIES :(

Tina and Chris.

Thanks you both for the great time racing. We will look forward to seeing you racing instead of just running things. You both did a great job of keeping everything running well. Yes these are going to be real hard shoes to fill. I'm sure the new crew will also do a great job keeping things in order.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Stoffer said:
Yes sir, those shoes are at least the size of Shaq's. ;) You did a great job, I was impressed with the way you kept things under control and organized. That, made my first year of racing very enjoyable and unforgetable, if you know what I mean.

Tweak

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
carlo71 said:
LET me be the first to thank chris and tina for what they have done for the track and us during the past year.
Now with the new details on the track.. Upon further review of myself , brian hess, papa , and eric clark we have made the decision to make our track a club , with a similar feel to it as CRCRC . This will bring a benefit for all people whom become members .. I.E. cheaper race fees , voting privaleges , volunteer jobs and most importantly an influence on where our track is headed for the future..
There will be a clear list of rules and regs that we have implemented for a “start” which will be changed as necessary with the clubs direct influence… These rules will be uploaded to www.medinarcraceway.com
This IS still goin to be the official website for updates and results …
Soon we will have a online sign-up for people to become members with clear details on what each membership entitles you to.
We have a rough schedule for the year in the final stages now and WILL BE POSTED BY SUNDAY THIS WEEKEND!
:wave:
B
Sign me up :thumbsup:

If you guys need any help getting the track ready you know I'm always willing to help out.

Tweak

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
tweak the forms will be avaliable on the website soon however we will need a few days to get the online signup active..
PAPA has been elected by us to become the track "PR" guy and will be able to serve with most common questions...
If something specific is needed dont hesitate to PM me here.
thanks again for the confidence guys
b

·
Registered
665 Posts
:eek: wow I didnt see that coming, but thanks chris and tina for all your hard work. Also thanks thomas, clark, hess, and papa for stepping up and taking over. I have only been to a few tracks. but I can say that median is the best period. Im sure you guys will keep it a top notch track and im looking forward to racing aging. Hopefully chris and tina wont be stranger and we will still see them around .

ALSO I think we should replace pizza party's with brownie party's lol :woohoo:

·
Registered
258 Posts
:wave: I would like to say to chris and tina, thank you for all of the positive things that the both of you have brought to medina raceway. I agree, your shoes will be vary hard to fill.

to the new race directors, i would like to say. All of you will have your work cut out for you. I have raced at this track sense the beging and with every new director there where good things and there where bad things. The good ALWAYS out-weighted the bad. I have always liked the direction the track has been going and look forward to all of the good things that are to come. With chris and tina's help this track has become known as one of the best in the state. I hope you guys can bring it up to the next level.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY GOODLUCK TO ALL OF YOU. :wave:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thank you Chris and Tina!

For those of you that may be wondering..... what is this club thing?

Bottom line is ...Medina RC Raceway is now the members track. The four of us are just the initial stewards. We feel like we can work together for you and keep the track moving forward.

So... a couple of things to get out of the way...

1 You do not need to be a member to race, practice etc....
2 You do need to be a member to have a voting stake in club business.

Let the questions roll guys we will do our best to give ya' the skinny......

1 - 20 of 4564 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.