Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This auction is for the priviledge of have the winner's name or name they provide, put on the 2007 ADDWC Charity Car above the passenger side window. Only one person can win and only one person will have their name as Mechanic on the 2007 ADDWC Charity Car

This will start NOW and run until Wednesday night, February 28th at 9:00 PM Central IN time.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Since this is a door slammer style drag race car the name format will be slightly different this time. ADDWC will again award the Driver's name in a contest of their choice in house. That name along with this auction winning name as the "Mechanic" will be placed on the front fender corner along with two sponsor names that will be assigned to "Paint by" and "Engine built by". This is because some of our sponsors do not have a company logo associated with them yet should be recognized the same way those who do have a logo are. It also keeps the car from having just random names placed on and about it. Just wanted everyone to know that we are trying to keep with the theme of the car yet make it "special" for that winning person.

Let's use Gerald our beloved HT Mod as an example. Gerald is the sponsor last year of the ET gravity racing track. Gerald is also a sponsor this year as well but has no direct affiliation with a company logo or a die-cast concern other than being a great guy so Gerald can be perhaps the painter of the car or the engine builder. It keeps the theme on track and doesn't look silly with a random name of a person spliced strangely on a body panel somewhere.

Visualize this

Driver - ADDWC appointed
Mechanic - Joe Diecast (high bid auction winner)
Paint by - Gerald Endres
Engine by - Dixie the Dachsund

placed on the fender like you see on other vintage race cars.

Does that better explain it?:)

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Is there a limit on the number of characters allowed?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Mr.Stubbs said:
Is there a limit on the number of characters allowed?
Well if you have a name like Mark VonHosaflook it could be an issue but from one stubburn Dutchman to another, what did you have in mind Bert? Hey, if you name is Clem Kadiddlehopper IV and you win and that's what you want on there then that's what you get!

The only thing we will not allow is poor taste or vulgarity.

A child's name perhaps might look pretty cool on that car ehh Bert? Hint hint, nudge nudge!

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Well if you have a name like Mark VonHosaflook it could be an issue but from one stubburn Dutchman to another, what did you have in mind Bert? Hey, if you name is Clem Kadiddlehopper IV and you win and that's what you want on there then that's what you get!

The only thing we will not allow is poor taste or vulgarity.

A child's name perhaps might look pretty cool on that car ehh Bert? Hint hint, nudge nudge!
That's what I had in mind Mark! Is 19 Characters including spaces doable?

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Oh yeah! ............ $90 :cool:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Mr.Stubbs said:
That's what I had in mind Mark! Is 19 Characters including spaces doable?
I think so I mean look at the meaning and all. What a way to send a message to somebody you care about. It helps the cause, the charity is without question and it's a touching way to honor somebody. In a couple years at show and tell some kid shows off his toy car. Your kid is next and he pulls out a memorial with his name on it that helped a cause. Yep, not hard to picture is it?

Gee Bert no pressure on you now, huh?:p

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
GOIRISHBEATOHIOSATE.....SOMETIME...ANYTIME....

Is that more than 8 letters???.....

Oh well...

$100.00 is my bid

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
$145 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Man if I owned a shop I would pay out the ears for this Imagine a shop owner giving these to his top customers showing them that he is such a good mechanic that the diecast companies use him as the mechanic!

I wish my pockets were deeper!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts