Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1728 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah it was the the prototype where it conected all the way up front it also has a different rear pod set up on it. I do have all the parts other than the chassis to make it the dart you sell.and I race at marshalls id say there swooping turns. But if I cut it I think it will have the flex the dart kit has except could only use 1 cell on it. I just wasn't sure if I should leave alone or cut . Im new to all this but to me the car feels good to me other than traction role due to the fact im hard on the wheel

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I wouldn't cut the left side, but would consider cutting the right side if you want more flex. Personally, I'd leave it as is. That prototype works great in the 17.5 up to 10.5 classes. Anything faster than that you should consider a 2.0 or 2.5 upgrade which has a greater range of flex control. They can get softer and harder than the 1.0 or your prototype (which we call the 1.5).

Here is a good starting point: http://mcpappyracing.com/images/Peters_setup_sheet.jpg
Feel free to call me any time if you want to chat about setups.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks to james and dom for all your info really appreciated. I had to sell a car and chose to sell the dart 1.0 and keep my prototype car the guys I had helping me set it up liked the way it handled again thanks guys

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
2,288 Posts
Thanks to james and dom for all your info really appreciated. I had to sell a car and chose to sell the dart 1.0 and keep my prototype car the guys I had helping me set it up liked the way it handled again thanks guys
Any time... let me know how the setup I gave you works for you...

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Hey there guys looking for a little help im running a dart 1.0 in 17.5 truck that I picked up from jay harder the chassis is a little more solid than the one that came in the kit but my concerns are about the flex in this chassis I was thinking about cutting down to Accept 1 cell lipo only n get more flex bad idea? I believe dom u know the car.. any ideas would be great
I definately know that car, I built it, lol. Now, thats not to say that is the car you got in the way it was built, lol....
That car was a very good 13.5 car, just as quick as my 1.0, and mine was PDK....
Enjoy
Peter

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well im still new to pan cars and still learning things with this car ..just hoping nothing breaks cant get certain parts for this one...but does seem to go great!!!I do plan on winning with it

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Well im still new to pan cars and still learning things with this car ..just hoping nothing breaks cant get certain parts for this one...but does seem to go great!!!I do plan on winning with it
The 1.0 is and awesome car, I have a great deal of sucess with it... I always liked the you could turn it in harder than any other car I have ever drove, its a good leg up on competition....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Setup Help

Hello fellas :wave:

I am going to be racing my McPappy (v1.0) this weekend and I had some questions regarding shock oil, I will be racing on a small "Flat Bull Ring" type of track with a 88ft runline. The "Side" shocks are completely stock including the black springs, the center shock is also stock except that there is a WindTunnel #8 Red "barrel" spring.

Some additional Info
Tires - 3 x Pink, 1 x Team Purple
Motor - Phantom Ion Duo 3
ESC - Tekin RS Pro
Battery - TP 5000mah 40C

Looking forward to kicking some butt this weekend.
Thanks
Schmoo

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Hello fellas :wave:

I am going to be racing my McPappy (v1.0) this weekend and I had some questions regarding shock oil, I will be racing on a small "Flat Bull Ring" type of track with a 88ft runline. The "Side" shocks are completely stock including the black springs, the center shock is also stock except that there is a WindTunnel #8 Red "barrel" spring.

Some additional Info
Tires - 3 x Pink, 1 x Team Purple
Motor - Phantom Ion Duo 3
ESC - Tekin RS Pro
Battery - TP 5000mah 40C

Looking forward to kicking some butt this weekend.
Thanks
Schmoo
Schmoo, can I call you, we can talk about set up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wanted to post my experience from yesterday....

Was my second time out with the car. Had it running much better than last race two weeks ago. Freed up the side shocks and had it so loose it was ridiculous! Slowly tightened it up and picked up 0.3 on lap times over last race.

Was real happy with the car. Turns REAL hard. Was doing fine until I hit a parked silver car I didn't see. Took a hard hit on the right front and finished with the RF dragging carpet. It is just unbeleiveable how light this car is...... I have 2.4 oz under the battery pack and will need more if I swap bodies. Talk about keeping the CG LOW! No wonder it turns so well...... can't wait for the Birds :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Great report Barry! Can't want to race with you at the 'Birds.
Nice runs by all the McPappy cars at the CRC race!:thumbsup:
Yeah, great success at the CRC race for McPappy. In the 13.5 Super Stock COT class, 3 McPappy cars competed and all 3 finished in the top 5 of the A-Main! That's a great percentage! Wigberto (Papo) placed his McPappy truck in the A-main as well! And congrats to Chris Musson at 11 years old, won his lower Main, but against a full field of 8 cars outqualifying many adults! My 10.5 car had a top 20 average lap to put me on pace with A-main qualifiers, but I never got a single clean race. Once again, I won the "hard luck award" hehe.

Special thanks to Peter, Daryl, Papo, Chris, John, and Ryan. Great job guys. It was a pleasure racing with you. Snowbirds is up next!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Great report Barry! Can't want to race with you at the 'Birds.

Yeah, great success at the CRC race for McPappy. In the 13.5 Super Stock COT class, 3 McPappy cars competed and all 3 finished in the top 5 of the A-Main! That's a great percentage! Wigberto (Papo) placed his McPappy truck in the A-main as well! And congrats to Chris Musson at 11 years old, won his lower Main, but against a full field of 8 cars outqualifying many adults! My 10.5 car had a top 20 average lap to put me on pace with A-main qualifiers, but I never got a single clean race. Once again, I won the "hard luck award" hehe.

Special thanks to Peter, Daryl, Papo, Chris, John, and Ryan. Great job guys. It was a pleasure racing with you. Snowbirds is up next!
2XD, thx... It was a very good weekend for all the McPappy Team who attended... Papo was solid all weekend and did well for his first major event, as well as Daryl.. James, he had his 13.5 dialed in very quick handling and speed, even contested for TQ,:thumbsup:, as for the 10.5, it was good, it was an A main car, but James had NO LUCK BUT BAD LUCK, he ended up in the B main, and was a threat till the end. My 13.5 car was "DIALED" it was nothing short of awsome, but in true Peter fashion, I had a mission and I was stuborn and stuck with it. I had a Tekin/Novak setup and just never seemed to get enough gogo, I believe I was 95% there but was lost on the last 5%, in all it was good enough to catch a 3rd on the A podium,:rolleyes:, but it was a test and a very good feeling going into the Birds.

NOW, Chris, WOW, DUDE you rocked.... This kid is going to be good, very good. He is so calm, and drove like a pro in his main, and I mean that literally. He passed, was passed, and was patient, he was watching the track and not 3ft infront of his car, missed all the accidents, backed off to miss some, and 80% was on the line, way better than any of his compepition by far... He keep this kids head on straight and I believe he will be a champion some day, GOOD JOB CHRIS, we going to rock the Birds.....
Thx to all the team, it was a fun weekend, and can't wait for us all to fly in Florida... Peter

·
Lifetime Awesome
393 Posts
I had a great time at the event, it was the first major race ive been to, and was really impressed !!! My car handled AWESOME, after replacing the servo saver, just couldnt find the HP it needed to be more competitive. Congrats to Chris on his first major career win ( even though it was over me!! :thumbsup: ) and hopefully we will all have better luck Florida!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I had a great time at the event, it was the first major race ive been to, and was really impressed !!! My car handled AWESOME, after replacing the servo saver, just couldnt find the HP it needed to be more competitive. Congrats to Chris on his first major career win ( even though it was over me!! :thumbsup: ) and hopefully we will all have better luck Florida!!!!!!!
Daryl, we will work on that....

41 - 60 of 1728 Posts