Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1616 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing the new McPappy Racing 1/10th "Dart". It has been designed with many new innovations. It has the left-most weight, lowest rear roll center, lowest center of gravity, roomiest rear motor pod, and lightest floating T-plate kit available today! The chassis was also designed and tested for just the right amount of chassis flex. The floating T-plate design not only offers centerline position, but also offers an offset position.

High resolution pics and a huge description of all of the improvements and features can be seen on McPappyRacing.com

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we have them in stock at McPappyRacing.com. $395 for the kit. It comes with a few more upgrades than normal. For example, you get 5 Delrin body posts, Boca Bearings, Dubro ball links, Top Gun IRS side VCS shocks, HPI's newest center shock, etc.. The store front will be updated with all of the parts shortly. But at least the main stuff is there.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Car looks great, but what is really impressive is the professional pictures and website! Well done.
Can you tell us exactly who McPappy is?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! It feels good to finally release this to the public. I didn't want to be one of those manufacturers who teased us with a product that kept getting delayed month after month. So when we released it today, we made sure to have them in stock. I was also really pleased to be able to manufacture these for this price and more importantly, all of our items are made in the USA. I told my wife and everyone, that I will not do this if we have to go overseas. I discovered that it's definitely possible to keep all production in the USA.

As for the "McPappy Racing" name, that goes back a couple of years. My friend Dave and I had an idea to make the ultimate version of a future product. One day, Dave told his father that we were going to make the "Mac Daddy" version of the .....<secret product>. Later on, Dave's father asked, "What was it you were making again? The McPappy version of what?" That was quite funny to us that his father didn't know what "Mac Daddy" meant :)

So I did some research, and nobody was using "McPappy", so I applied for a trademark for the name and the logo. It took 2 years to finally get approval for both! It's a memorable name and it will be easy for people to find us since we are the only company using it. Now that we own the trademarks, the name has clear sailing for the future.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Very nice! Why does it come with one adjustable caster block not two.
This is from our web site:

"In order to allow your right front tire to wear evenly plus maintaining a large footprint tire patch down the straight (to provide more control), you’ll end up running the right hinge pin in the lowest hole of the caster block. This is the same location as the plastic Associated 0 degree caster block. Since the plastic is lighter than aluminum, we recommend that you use the plastic caster block on the right side. Therefore we’ve only included a single aluminum caster block to use on the left side. If you still want to, you can purchase an additional caster block separately. They are universally designed and work on either side."

Also, one thing we forgot to mention on the web site is the kit comes with all of the Associated caster blocks in case you want to run 0, 5, or 10 degrees on the right.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
This car looks great!!! I have a few questions. How wide is the front end? It looks pretty wide compaired to the Gen 1 that I am currently running. Does the kit come with the pivot balls for the t-plate? Will you offer a 1/4 degree rear steer plate?

This by far looks to be the best car on the market right now. It has some killer stuff going on.

I may just have to represent down at Rosewood with it. Team drivers run there for KSG, Silva, HyperDrive, Team Associated, and Leading Edge. Might have to mix it up with an McPappy!!

Joel White

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahhh! The web site is going crazy. 200 unique visitors in the last hours alone. Sales are coming in fast already. I think we are going to plow through the first 50 cars pretty fast. What have I done! ;)

1 - 20 of 1616 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.