Administrator
31,706 Posts

·
Administrator
31,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Wow! Never layed eyes on those before! I have lot's of HW McDonalds stuff, must be kinda recent since the Mattel group merger eh?

I haven't eaten there in years, maybe someone can update us on whats in the happy meals coming up??

Love the JD bottle btw :cheers:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

·
Administrator
31,706 Posts
I just took one of those very same trucks apart for its awesome wheels to go on another car...:laugh:
I noticed them too. They are not the lace y shaped ones that I have seen in either MB or HW before. Depending on your perspective to me they are either v shaped or parellel pairs. And from the right angle (essentially dead on) they appear concave instead of convex.

All in all a nice looking wheel. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,706 Posts
A collector friend of mine and I were talking about McDonalds cars today and he had not heard of the Matchbox Series before either. I have found out in the meantime this series came out in 2002 and like other Happy Meal offering had 6 different castings included. One reference lists the snorkel truck above as #6.

I also found an MCI bus with McDonalds side decos from the late 1990s.

Anyone have the other castings from the McDonalds Happy Meal set? Or know which ones they are?

BTW is the tractor/trailer rig a definite Matchbox casting?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts