Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Al-I am not sure what the upcoming weekend holds. My 1/8th scale still has a wheel tire issue. The car has 20mm hexes and most others have 17mm hexes, but I am working on that. The other problem is that I have not purchased any tires or foam yet. If I only had enough money for one set of tires and foam, what would I buy? M2 Crime fighters?????????? or something else????? Experienced 1/8th scalers could chime in.....Thanks..........

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ben - a good universal tire is the M2 crimefighter... works almost everywhere. When you can, pick up a set of Panther C-compound switches. They'll work at McCulloughs when the track starts to get damp.

I also think I have an extra set of 17mm hexes if you think they'll fit on your buggy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ben what 1/8 scale did you get? I picked up one of those ttr s3 b4 t4 kits its awesome. need to get the body painted anybody know where tasker is at?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Al-I am in the process of getting the 20mm hexes machined to 17mm. I will not make it this weekend, but next weekend should be a go.

What foam do you run with the M2 CF's? Trinity? Where do you get the Panther tires at?

Tasker's phone number??????????????

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ben - the stock Proline foam works well, but as you probably know it breaks down very quickly. Trinity foam works well. I like the medium stuff, some guys prefer the firm. Either works, just a matter of prefrence.

I haven't been able to find any place locally that stocks Panthers, so I've been ordering them online. www.amainhobbies.com has really good prices on Panthers and ships lightning fast. You'll get them in 2-3 days. Hopefully Doug will start carrying them this summer. The new c-compound is really good... it's like pink, but just a touch softer.

I have a wedding to go to next weekend (23rd) so I won't be there... I'm sure that I'll catch up with you soon enough. Bring that Dietz character with you... I hear he has a big nasty 1/8 scale too!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I was thinking of starting a new thread so it states in the title "Outdoor and Indoor" Off-Road.
Unless some can tell me how to change the title.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Bob! Well, what do we have goin on? I have a couple of Traxxas nitro trucks right now, been flying helis allot also. Would love to find a nice dirt nitro track for the trucks!

Email me.

[email protected] spam yahoo.com

121 - 140 of 140 Posts