Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes,you read it correctly,McCullough's offroad is opening the indoor race track on Nov.6!!!
Racing to start at 3:00pm,doors open probably around noon.
Very large track with an 8 foot high drivers stand,and I was told,a very wild and fun track layout soon.
Electric cars only that day,nitro news to follow.
Keep an eye on the web sight for further details and discussions.

Of course I am scheduled to work that day,but thats only a piece of paper!

http://www.mcculloughs-offroad.com/

·
Registered
286 Posts
of course the November 6th grand opening is if there are no setbacks, but right now everything is on schedule. Basically, most of the major stuff is done. There is still some major electrical wiring to do and some little detail stuff, but the building looks great right now. Doug and the crew were hauling in lots of fresh topsoil for the track yesterday. It's only a matter of time now! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think a Thursday practice will happen before they open?

Still working that day,can't get out of it.Might be able to leave early though!

·
Registered
286 Posts
tom - keep checking the website... it's up in the air right now. Hopefully all the work will be done ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sure seems like it been a life time since I've been raceing,IVAN did me in with 8 1/2 ft of water in my rental.If everything goes right I'll be there on the 6th looking forward to seeing everyone again even you (BRAD)Ha!Ha!
Frank

·
Registered
223 Posts
i need to add that doug told me today that the doors will open at 11am on sat NOV 6th hope to see everyone there like benny, rico and dietz

·
Registered
286 Posts
There will be practice on thursday night for anyone that is interested. The track is AWESOME!! Killer drivers stand, great groomed/packed dirt, nice pit tables.

Also... racing is for electric vehicles only! Once the ventilation system is installed, there will be indoor nitro racing on a seperate day, but it will be a few weeks before that happens. Keep checking the website for updates...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool!! I'll be up after work for practice.
I'm still trying to leave early for Sat.
Did you run on the track yet?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I haven't yet Tom... Saturday was a workday. We were still sifting topsoil and packing the track & there were a bunch of guys working on getting the pit tables wired with electricity. First official night will be Thursday... although I imagine that Doug has probably put a in a few laps by now :)

by the looks of the dirt, it's going to be a taper pin track....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Let's see!!!!!!!! All we need is Eric Pesto, Dave Mcewen, Jim Stevenson, Jeff Hyatt, Mike Mcgee, C.R. Lovell, Kenny Martin, and Mary and it would be deja vue in truck stock. :cool:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
RICOTHOMAS said:
Let's see!!!!!!!! All we need is Eric Pesto, Dave Mcewen, Jim Stevenson, Jeff Hyatt, Mike Mcgee, C.R. Lovell, Kenny Martin, and Mary and it would be deja vue in truck stock. :cool:
MIKE!!!! WOW!!! What's up?!
Good to here from ya bud.I went to practice night,SICK traction.And the size and layout of the track is awesome.
I use Adam Drakes setup on my MF2 without the front sway bar,and I didn't change a thing from the outdoor track except tires for stock.
For mod all I changed from Drakes setup was pink springs in the rear and moved them all the way in on the tower and the arm(thanks Rosie).
Hope you can make it out to the track soon.
Opening day is this Sat,Nov 6th,Doors open at 11:00AM,sign up closes at 2:30PM with racing starting promptly at 3:00PM.
Also,awards for outdoor racing season to be handed out.
Visit the web sight for more info.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rico - believe it or not CR Lovell made an appearance a few weeks ago at the fall gas race. He lives out east and made the trip out with a few guys from Johnstown to race his 1/8 scale. First time I've seen the guy in probably 10 years :)

And dare I say, this track is even nicer than Wagonhill. The drivers stand is awesome! You guys will definately have to check it out. There was even talk of starting a pro-stock truck class this winter for the fast guys... and you guys that are afraid to run mod :p

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Tom, good to here from you, sounds like your sh1t is dialed. Hope I am fast also. Mfn'al, certainly plan on racin there if I ever get out of Wally-world. I have had ONE Saturday off in the last two months with no relief in sight. Gettin old. See you guys soon.....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You won't be dissapointed Mike.
Opening day was great!
68 entries with plenty of pit space.
The racing went off without a hitch.3 heats and then the mains,we were done a little after 8:pM.
Stock truck was very competitive,A,B,and a C main!(No,I did not win).
On practice night the truck felt very good,but when racing against the very best the region has to offer,it became clear that my set up needs a little work.I heard from more than one racer that the track is the same as Cleveland.
All classes had many entries,sportsman,stock buggy(very good A main race),mod buggy(Dave Montgomery and Rosie kept everyone working on their setups),and mod truck,and don't forget mini"T"'s(also a very good A main).
All in all a great night of racing,our in house chef kept everyone feed with hotdogs and kraut(farting racers are happy racers :) ) along with a vast array of snacks and drinks.
Visit the web sight for results and more info,probably pictures also,I saw TR running around with a camera on his face most of the night.
Hope to see you soon Mike,you can bring Ben and Frank,if you want.(We'll put up with them I guess).

·
Registered
286 Posts
hey Tom - funny how your car goes slower when the fast guys show up. Same thing happened to me. I was just happy to make the A in mod buggy (barely).

Rico - not only did CR Lovell show up again this week, but he said that he has talked to Mike McGee recently and he wants to race again. Plus, some old timers like Moody and Dan & Dale Chronister were there. It was like Wagonhill part 2 :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Transponder's make me stupid also.
Both trucks are in pieces,changing a few things and rebiulding a few other things.
I'll wait until my trucks are dialed then I'll put a buggy together.The mini T is on hold also.
Mike,if you show up it will be "old" times :tongue:

1 - 20 of 140 Posts