Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to sound whiny, and I don't want to sound like a shrew. But c'mon, it is over a week since I submitted my registration, and I still cannot participate because my registration has not been confirmed. Wouldn't be so bad, but this is the second time in three weeks I have tried.

Now, if MCCH fancies itself some exclusive membership free to discriminate, then perhaps I don't belong there anyway. I figured that as a long time collector of diecast across many makers that I might have some valid input. But if someone feels the need to blackball me, just tell me openly...I can handle it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
You came to the right place to say what you have said because the MCCH admins hang out here when nothing is happening over there.
They are famously picky over there.Many members of this forum are former members of MCCH with differing political opinions to the notoriously dogmatic regime.
On Hobbytalk all polite collectors are welcome to share their toys, opinions and questions that need answers...............
But if you have toys to sell to high rollers, there is only one place, MCCH!
(or ebay or toy peddlar)

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
What email service does your contact email use? They only allow emails that use isp-based emails to prevent spammers and bots, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
It gets better. I have now been asked not to sell here. Later guys, it's been nice.
You were not asked not to sell here, you were only asked to play by the rules. Many people pay to support Hobbytalk, they are allowed to sell COMMERCIALLY on HT. Anyone can sell on HT, but you were listing a commercial site with your listings. You are welcome to do that, but you need to be a Hobbytalk supporter like the other business listed to the right. Please review the Terms of Service and play by the rules, that is all Hank asks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all due respect,

If I host my pics *for free* on the bucket or post none at all and sell "fest" cars or "chase" cars by the caseful at significant profit, that is OK and acceptable.

However, if I host my pics *for free* on an alternate site and sell honest to God collectible pieces from a long time collection at what amounts to break even or at a loss, that is considered commercial and is not acceptable.

That is fine if that is how you wish to interpret the rules, they are your rules to interpret. It is your site and you are most welcome to run it however you deem fit and suitable. You pay the bills. I can not afford to, certainly not from any proceeds of the sale of my personal collection. It is not my place to tell you how to run your site.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
With all due respect,

If I host my pics *for free* on the bucket or post none at all and sell "fest" cars or "chase" cars by the caseful at significant profit, that is OK and acceptable.

However, if I host my pics *for free* on an alternate site and sell honest to God collectible pieces from a long time collection at what amounts to break even or at a loss, that is considered commercial and is not acceptable.

That is fine if that is how you wish to interpret the rules, they are your rules to interpret. It is your site and you are most welcome to run it however you deem fit and suitable. You pay the bills. I can not afford to, certainly not from any proceeds of the sale of my personal collection. It is not my place to tell you how to run your site.
You can post pics and prices, but you can not post a link to a business site or your personal site. If you want to sell via your site you must be a Hobbytalk sponsor like those on the left.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Disgruntled with both sites now. I guess he can go to Joe's next.
I love MCCH. Guys there know everything about diecast to the point where I don't feel I have anything to add. But there is a wealth of information there and the people in person are very nice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love MCCH. Guys there know everything about diecast to the point where I don't feel I have anything to add. But there is a wealth of information there and the people in person are very nice.
I agree!
Only problem I have with MCCH is that I do not share some of the political views as the"top-guys". However I have (most of the time) learned to keep my mouth shut, hard for a guy like me who have strong viewpoints on what's going on in the world today :cool: But I consider this a small price to pay for being part of the best diecast-related forum I can find on the internet! I have also come to know some really great persons (SMS included :wave:)

Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It's a great site....he is just putting everyone through a vetting process as there have been problems in the past with spaming etc. People registering with hotmail - gmail etc will take longer than [email protected].

Mark Curtis is a little hardcore but it is HIS site that he has to pay for year after year so he should be able to have the final say. I go to a lot of sites multiple times daily, but most of my time is spent there where many good people contribute.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can post pics and prices, but you can not post a link to a business site or your personal site. If you want to sell via your site you must be a Hobbytalk sponsor like those on the left.
Thank you for the clarification. If that is the only point of contention then I shall endeavor to be more mindful of it in the future.

Thank you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Atencio, and the rest of you for your concern. I am thinking "disgruntled" may be a bit harsh, but with the lack of emotive expression in this medium it is difficult to convey properly what it is one wishes to say in an acceptable tenor.

All of your concerns have been taken care of. It was never my intent to "bad mouth" anybody or anyplace...here or there. Merely to express as calmly as possible certain objections.

If the only serious objection to my previous listings here can be clarified, as I believe now it has, then I see no problems going forward. All is once again right with the world. Thank you again for your concerns.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I've been emailing to be registered twice now in over a year. No response yet. I guess I'm not worthy for having a gmail address.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts