Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 792 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MBMS which stands for Mike Bayless Memorial Speeday . Formerly known as Sroc . Racing will continue as normal on Saturdays . Please come out if you haven't in awhile . We want to keep racing going in Springfield but we need you and one of your friends to keep it going . We race stock pancar, brushless pancar, Stock 1/12scale onroad {No Brushless allowed in this class at this time} Foam Stock/ Brushless Sedans , and finally 1/10 foam truck . If there is another class that three of you maybe intrested in running bring it up to me for discussion and we will see about doing it . Still no rubber tires on sedans as it wears out the carpet to fast . NO memberships of any kind are required but we follow ROAR rules in all classess but rules maybe be alterd for brushless until soild rules are in place .

Matt Bayless

·
Registered
434 Posts
Saturdays race

Oval

3 ran 1/10th pan oval 27T, MattB won

Onroad

3 ran 1/10 Offroad 27T trucks with foams, Matt won

3 ran Sedan 27T/13.5, Paul won
- rumor has it Butch may be out soon with a Xray

8 ran 27T 12th scale and was split due to the huge lap spread 3B/5A
-Raymond won the B
-i won the A, set new record
-Josh ran the new Darkside 1/12th scale (very trick) with 4-cells up the middle, I got to give it a try, it was pretty smooth considering the body on it doesn't help in the handling department. Josh found the body on sale in some dungeon awhile back.

$99 TC4 kits and Factory Team TC4 kits $209 (like the HPI Pro 4) at www.ampdraw.com

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We had a big clean up day yesterday got alot of trash out . The new tire truer box all wired up with the shop vacum . Some table rearanged and new ones added also new lap counting desk put in . Thanks to all who showed up to help . Remember track opens at noon this Sat . and racing starts at 6:00 . MIA anybody heard from Gary Page . Lets get ahold of him and get him back out to the track to race . Parts for the parts wall will be arriving this week and next week if there is something that you need speak up .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Matt
I would like to come back out to MO and race . I had a great time last year. Do you have any 2 day races planned for Aug-Oct? This time I will be bringing the KSG(not my L3O). I need another shot to beat my bro(Dennis) on his home track! I might bring my Grandson to race as well. I got him addicted to pan cars. You all need to come out to CA and race our paved Oval. We may have some big events this year.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No today races planned yet . It may be possible to run a two day race in the upcoming months . Tell your brother to get out here and race with us well you .

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Leon, well If I have to i'll run the Speed 8 Body. Just need to paint the rest of it. I'll have to cycle the rest of my batteries to get them livened up. They had a 2 month rest. For my sedan, I found a T1 belt tensioner that i'll make fit. Waiting on UPS for that part.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul bring your oval car sat. If anybody needs a 1/12 car let me know . I have a few extra .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Josh - glad to gear your going to finally breakout a current 12th body, i think you'll notice the difference right away. BTW don't throw away that body yet. it should work fine at the asphalt Hollister track where alot of steering won't be needed. they start this Sunday

Matt & Butch the Jari FF07 1/12th conversions (3 total) were ordered last night.

Matt, will you have any more TM tires for 1/12th cars at the track this weekend.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leon I will have a set you can try .

Parts shop motors, batteries ,brushes all arrived for the shop walll today . Also screws,nuts ,shims,bolts, and bearings should be here next weekend .

·
Registered
434 Posts
saturday's race

Oval

5 ran 1/10th pan oval 27T, MattB won

Onroad

5 ran Sedan 27T/13.5, Paul won.

7 ran 12th scale 27T and was split due to the huge lap spread 2B/5A
-Josh won the B
-Butch won the A, set new record

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
LEON, i have your 3/16 nut driver.
I think it ended up there from 2 weeks ago when I had to change out a servo saver..

I'm working on a new charging station...it may be there this weekend if I can get it carpeted.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe dirt none of the oval guys have brushless motors in their cars . If he needs a good brushed motor tell him to come see me and I got several from which he can use .

·
Registered
434 Posts
KevinP, Jason, and SteveL were the only ones that had the 13.5 in their 1/10 oval pan cars. i beleive the three of them only raced 2 times, one of those times was when we had 2 racers come in from out of town. other than that K & J ran against each other for initial tests of the 13.5 at SROC a couple of weeks in a row.

Within the last 6 weeks, K has decided to take a break (sort of what you did) from RC and is racing Sprint Carts, etc. S has gotten a different job that has him traveling alot. Brent, i don't remember him getting a 13.5 but he did run 4300, but has slipped away months and months ago. up until a few weeks ago J had no one to run 4300 or 13.5BL against, i think he ran his 13.5 with Raymond and Harold.

overall...during your time away there was a window of BL that has vanished in oval for now...unless you run sedan onroad at MBMS (formerly known as SROC). the 13.5 without sintered rotor, from what i have seen...is not faster than a 27T but over a 5min race the lap time don't fall off and the 13.5BL stays more consistent....due to efficiency and cooler operation.

need to get pan oval up and going solid again. i would just show at the track with it in your car and threaten to go to Chucky Cheese's Pizza if you can't run it :jest: ...

1 - 20 of 792 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.